Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

onemile

Sprinkles - The Sparkleskirt Coalition?  Ew.  I would avoid them too!

cmb - interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

cbus - hope the rest takes care of it.

Got my 11 with 4x1.5 miles at 8:20, 800 meter recoveries done tonight.  It felt harder than I think it should have.  With the snow tomorrow, I think I'll make it my rest day.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Onemile/Mdawg- Yup, same coalition.  Its just...irritating.  I think its mostly that they're just flinging themselves all over fb, and its impossible to ignore unless you just don't participate in the running community.  Its like, no, you are not a super speshul snowflake because you blog and run.  Most people work and run...full time jobs.  14 hour days.  etc.  Whatevs, I gonna take em down in my club team jersey what what.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Morning all,

Im actually feeling pretty good today. Still a little dead legged, but I feel like I could go on my run today. Now I'm thinking I was just being a wimp. But I'm still gonna rest, just in case.

Onemile, donuts on your Strength run.

Indi, hope everything is okay!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts....or is it afternoon, or night or what?  I had quite a rough night at work last night so am pretty much already going on being up for 28 hours and have at least 6 more to go here.  Needless to say, my speed work will probably not get finished today!  I probably could push through it if I just had to but I am afraid of injuring myself when that tired.  Having said that, what do you think I should do for the rest of the week, given that my 10K is on Saturday?  Do you think I can do speedwork tomorrow morning, 2 easy days, and then race the 10K?  Or should I skip the speedwork all together (don't really want to do that!)?  Any thoughts are appreciated!

CBus:  Glad you are feeling a bit better...probably a wise decision to rest again though.

Sprinkles:  Yikes...I am SO glad I didn't buy a sparkle skirt for Disney Big grin  That group does sound annoyingly horrible, though, and I think it will feel good when you leave them in the dust!

Onemile:  Great strength run!

Roll: I have no advice about the heat/humidity except that in the summer, I always do my runs in the AM when it is a bit cooler...still sucks though!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Good morning guys.

Cbus - glad you are starting to feel better!

Amik - I would still do the speedwork since the 10k isn't your GOAL race.  See how you feel tonight (lack of sleep sometimes takes a day or two to kick in).  Otherwise tomorrow morning.

I will probably do my rest day today.  After 6 days in a row, I'm ready for it. Plus we are expecting some snow tonight.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 8.2m w/3m@goalHMP-10sec this am. Splits of 7:13, 7;14, and 7;07. Ready to go for Saturday unless this damn snowstorm coming impacts race in some way, but think it won't be as bad as everyone saying. Should melt by Sat. SRD tomorrow anyway.

Good running all!

onemile - nice job on the SOS

cbus - glad to hear you're doing better!

AmiK - I think you're Ok with doing speedwork tomorrow and taking RD today with lite easy runs Thurs & Fri. Basically did same when i raced my 5k in Jan, but did not think i was racing until Fri.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles planned for tonight.

Cbus, wise decision.  Keep resting.  By day 4 of my mental recovery week I was itching to run which went well once I actually ran.

jedi, you'll be pleased to know I'm taking 5 days off after the LA Marathon and most likely most of the week of the marathon.  The only reason why is because I'll be on vacation the week of and usually don't have time to run and that I have a 50K the Saturday.  But you'll get your wish.  I'm resting 5 days.Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AmiK, I agree with jedi.

onemile, enjoy your well deserved rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  6ish TM miles and stretching at the gym this morning.  Strength training tonight.  Calf felt pretty normal on the run today.  I see the sports doc on Thursday.  We'll see what he says then.  Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I'm definitely running outside even if it's still at the high school track.

cbus:  I'm liking the Wave Riders.  Super light and comfy.  Glad you are feeling better.  Another rest day certainly won't hurt you.

roll:  Living in Atlanta, I understand your heat/humidity issue.  The only way I've been able to handle it is to run as early as possible.  During marathon training last summer, DH and I would often run an hour or so in the dark for our long runs.  We'd be out the door by 6 am.  I know Docket prefers the afternoons in Miami as the heat is higher, but the humidity is less, which is better for her asthma.

onemile:  Nice pace on the SOS.  I can't wait to run fast again!

jedi:  Fingers crossed that winter storm doesn't impact your race.

AmiK:  I think your altered schedule for speedwork and the race will be fine.  You've got enough time between each.

Sprinkles:  Leave 'em in the dust.  That way you won't even have to see or hear them.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Onemile/Mdawg- Yup, same coalition.  Its just...irritating.  I think its mostly that they're just flinging themselves all over fb, and its impossible to ignore unless you just don't participate in the running community.  Its like, no, you are not a super speshul snowflake because you blog and run.  Most people work and run...full time jobs.  14 hour days.  etc.  Whatevs, I gonna take em down in my club team jersey what what.

what are these Facebook pages you and Docket keep talking about?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

roll:  Living in Atlanta, I understand your heat/humidity issue.  The only way I've been able to handle it is to run as early as possible.  During marathon training last summer, DH and I would often run an hour or so in the dark for our long runs.  We'd be out the door by 6 am.  I know Docket prefers the afternoons in Miami as the heat is higher, but the humidity is less, which is better for her asthma.

Looks like i may have to become an AM runner if i wnt to maintain my mpw.

****and a good speller****

cmb4314

Heck, even living in Minnesota, I am out the door by 6 AM for most of my long runs in the summer.    Since it doesn't get quite as hot here in general, I do have more flexibility in that once the sun starts to go down, it's probably only ~80 degrees most nights and without blazing sun, it's not too bad to run in the evening either.  Since I'm so much farther north, I was never stuck in the dark when running early - the sun is up by 6:00 for most of the summer.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

onemile

Jedi - very nice pace on the HMP miles!

Damaris - enjoy the 11

mdawg - thanks. Glad your calf felt ok for your run today!

roll - I run in the evenings all summer. I just push it back til after the sun starts to go down and it's not too bad. But living in WI, we don't get the really bad stuff.  I'm thinking this summer I might utilize the indoor track for speedwork if it's too warm.

Nice week, Onemile!

Amik, tough shifts...I don't really think it will make much difference what you do this week, it's more the overall training from the last 4-6 months that counts. I do think racing a 10k counts as quality speed training.

Roll your weather (and Docket's) sound just awful. Perhaps you could spend the summer at your high altitude training centre in Flagstaff Arizona? (No pretending, we know you go there!)

Those women  do sound annoying, Sprinkles. Probably more focused on drawing attention to themselves more than on running, you will be doing everyone a favour by beating them! There is a male equivalent, by the way, young guys with reflecting sunglasses, baseball caps on backwards, and weird tattoos. They talk loudly and run slowly, love beating those guys!

Computer broke so I had to buy a new one and spend time setting it up, so no run yesterday. I am a bit embarrassed about this as it was an excuse more than a reason...

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Nice week, Onemile!

Amik, tough shifts...I don't really think it will make much difference what you do this week, it's more the overall training from the last 4-6 months that counts. I do think racing a 10k counts as quality speed training.

Roll your weather (and Docket's) sound just awful. Perhaps you could spend the summer at your high altitude training centre in Flagstaff Arizona? (No pretending, we know you go there!)

Those women  do sound annoying, Sprinkles. Probably more focused on drawing attention to themselves more than on running, you will be doing everyone a favour by beating them! There is a male equivalent, by the way, young guys with reflecting sunglasses, baseball caps on backwards, and weird tattoos. They talk loudly and run slowly, love beating those guys!

Computer broke so I had to buy a new one and spend time setting it up, so no run yesterday. I am a bit embarrassed about this as it was an excuse more than a reason...

Its my Area 51. Olympic committee asked me to tone down my publishing of my 1:51 HM PR so i dont blow the next summer Olympics.

Sprinkles - they are probably the same ones showing their asses (literally) on the B&B threads.