Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Rusk Runner

So, DW and I took a shopping trip and stopped in at the LRS.  Tried out the Pureflow 2's and they are heavenly.  I will be buying a pair as soon as one of my current Flows expire.  I ended up buying a pair of PureGrit 2's for when I need to run in the snow/slush junk, and for when I start getting out on some trails also.  I absolutely love the way the new uppers feel on the new Pure line.  I tried on some altras and decided there is just not enough cushioning in there for me.  Cant put inserts in them things either.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Afternoon Everyone

Banshee - yeah I have those 2 hour away races here too.  I'm being proactive and signing up for more races this year.  Most of our races close by fill up same day registration opens so I have my iphone set to remind me when its time to sign up.

Amik - Nice run pushing through the cold.  I don't wish the cold on anyone

mdawg - Nice job staying with it at the gym, don't think I could do what you've done during your injury

Indi - I think I missed it, what MP have you been running or expect to run?  Just curious because your recovery pace is my LR pace

onemile - I'm going to trust the paces based on my goal pace.  Even though my 11:00 felt very slow yesterday, I feel great today and am ready for a great run tomorrow.  My 11:00 wasn't what they call recovery pace though, its Aerobic A / Easy.  My Recovery pace is 11:42, I can't fathom running that slow

Docket - Nice run.  Its because its 2013, the year of killing it

DTF - Where were you running where there was a Tim's?  you crossing the border?  I run by the recycle center and the water treatment plant, about the best I can get

Me - 6.4 miles (no more stopping before I get to my car, I need all the miles I can get to keep up to my pace bunny) today @ 10:35.  HR nice and low.  Still a bit concerning with my right knee, feels like runner's knee, right behind the knee cap.  First mile was definitely feeling it then it went away.  I'm convinced my shoes being worn out is causing problems.  Everything else is good, energy levels are fantastic.  Been slacking on stretching.  Starting to get cold again <sigh>.

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

How did you determine your goal pace?  I'm using the one from my half marathon PR on Hansons chart.

Hope the knee is ok.

onemile - I'm going to trust the paces based on my goal pace.  Even though my 11:00 felt very slow yesterday, I feel great today and am ready for a great run tomorrow.  My 11:00 wasn't what they call recovery pace though, its Aerobic A / Easy.  My Recovery pace is 11:42, I can't fathom running that slow

Rusk Runner

Josh - Hope you get those new shoes soon.  You ever think about cycling through two pairs.  They keep fresh as you alternate and you dont have to buy new as soon.  Pace bunny?  My planned MP is going to be somewhere around 8:15 to 8:10.  I was looking for quinoa pasta today but everything I found had more whole grain flour/rice flour than quinoa.  Is this normal?

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Josh, I sure hope so.

onemile, I just finished the book and I think that's what he recommends to find your MP.

Those are the new version of the Flows, right?  I pre-ordered them from the runningwarehouse.com and I expect them any time soon.

So, DW and I took a shopping trip and stopped in at the LRS.  Tried out the Pureflow 2's and they are heavenly.  I will be buying a pair as soon as one of my current Flows expire.  I ended up buying a pair of PureGrit 2's for when I need to run in the snow/slush junk, and for when I start getting out on some trails also.  I absolutely love the way the new uppers feel on the new Pure line.  I tried on some altras and decided there is just not enough cushioning in there for me.  Cant put inserts in them things either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

Josh - Hope you get those new shoes soon.  You ever think about cycling through two pairs.  They keep fresh as you alternate and you dont have to buy new as soon.  Pace bunny?  My planned MP is going to be somewhere around 8:15 to 8:10.  I was looking for quinoa pasta today but everything I found had more whole grain flour/rice flour than quinoa.  Is this normal?

yeah its really normal, that's why I finally broke down and started making my own, gotta read the fine print on those things.  I'm very fortuanate to have the time to cook all meals from scratch at home.  Mine I use Quinoa Flour, Arrowroot Flour and eggs with a bit of salt.  Especially watch products that say high in fiber.  They actually add an edible cardboard that is pure fiber to get the grams up.  My next project is chia seed pasta, love this stuff.  Of course right now i'm eating chicken wings and pizza from the store watching football <shrugs>

Pace bunny on my training log setting a goal of 2000 miles for the year.  Its been like .7 miles ahead of me all year, well 5 days.

I have two pairs of 12's with 900 miles combined between the two I used on my last cycle and up until now, they are both worn out at the same time but not quite the same, my gate has changed quite a bit over the last 6 months.  If I like the 13 I'll pick up another pair but then the question is when do I rotate the two.  I have about 900 miles planned up to my marathon so I may need a third pair to have a fresher one ready for my race.

Play the Game Hard!

White Lightning

How did you determine your goal pace?  I'm using the one from my half marathon PR on Hansons chart.

Hope the knee is ok.

Right now its just 4:00 based on the last 6 months of running.  I ran a HM training run 3 months ago at 1:49 finishing the last mile sub 7 minutes. Plus I watch my HR and make sure its in the general range.  Right now I think i'm a bit faster than sub-4 but I'll re-adjust if I need to half way through depending how I handle the cycle, or maybe just add more miles and keep the paces the same.  My 5 mile tempo at 9:00 yesterday was surprisingly easy.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Docket - yep.  Hope you like them as much as I do.

Just Run!!!

Trail Monster

What's the drop on the Pure line? I want to try out something with a 4mm drop for roads. I love my Altras off pavement but hurt pretty good after a run on the road in them.

i volunteered at a 5k to raise money for neuroblastoma, the most common form of cancer in infants. The race director is a friend of ours and both of her kids had neuroblastoma. The son passed away in 2004 and the daughter is in remission. I'm exhausted but glad I was able to be there.

tomorrow I'm running my 18 mile long run. I'm doing a half marathon as part of it. I think I'll take my heart rate monitor so I can see what different paces on the road look like. I'm hoping to do the extra 5 as a warm up so I can run at the faster end of easy for the half and see where I come in.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Banshee - 4mm on the flows.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Better than the Altras.  I ran 3 in the altras and put them aside.

What's the drop on the Pure line? I want to try out something with a 4mm drop for roads. I love my Altras off pavement but hurt pretty good after a run on the road in them.

i volunteered at a 5k to raise money for neuroblastoma, the most common form of cancer in infants. The race director is a friend of ours and both of her kids had neuroblastoma. The son passed away in 2004 and the daughter is in remission. I'm exhausted but glad I was able to be there.

tomorrow I'm running my 18 mile long run. I'm doing a half marathon as part of it. I think I'll take my heart rate monitor so I can see what different paces on the road look like. I'm hoping to do the extra 5 as a warm up so I can run at the faster end of easy for the half and see where I come in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Josh, I really commend you regarding your pacing--you've become very disciplined very quickly. As far as I understand, the easy days are ALL run at either Easy A or B. the recovery pace is for recovery intervals during Speend and Strength sessions, andwas an option for wu and cd.

Indi, as far as i understand, Brooks received major criticism regarding the upper fit and it's breathability on the Pure line. So I think they focused all their efforts on improving the upper. Im glad you liked them.

DTF, there is a Cheryl's cookie factory by my house. So once in a while I'll run by there, and the wafts of baking cookie dough will adult my senses. And before you go thinking that magical fairies are baking those cookies, I've seen the workers taking their smoke breaks, and let me tell you, they are no fairies.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Good morning!  1 hour on the elliptical and stretching at the gym this morning.  Last crosstraining work out before Tuesday's test run as Monday will be a SRD.

Zoe:  I credit the stepmill for helping me run my current marathon PR of 4:04 on a 3 day a week training program.  I don't think there's a harder crosstraining workout to be had.

Josh:  i envy you being able to cook so much from scratch.  DH and I do pretty well considering the amount of hours we work.  Our diet is pretty healthy.   One of our goals this year is to eat more vegetables.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up with a migraine and nausea, but hopefully I'll get to do 9 miles with 4 @ HMP.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 8 @ 9:27 to finish the week with 40. The knees are feeling great.

Hope everyone has a strong finish to the week!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)