Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

nachosgrande

Cbus and Banshee - Nice tempos!

Mdawg - Again...happy to see the distance progression.

Josh - Way to brave the elements.

Me - Ran 3 recovery miles on the treadmill.  I used to like the treadmill but now I absolutely hate it.  Plus our treadmills at work are rock hard and the calibration is all out of whack.  I was at 70% of max HR with the treadmill set to 5mph, so there's something seriously amiss with it.  No running tomorrow - just weight work.

Oh, and I ended up buying a pair of Skechers GoRuns today off Amazon.  I liked them when I tried them on recently at RoadRunner  (just liked the PureConnects a little more).  They're only $27 right now so I figured it was worth rolling the dice on.

onemile

You're right and I feel like I'm getting feedback that's telling me that i'ts not my MP -  I'm breathing too hard I think. I'm pretty sure I can complete Hansons workouts using it but it feels too aerobically taxing for it to be my actual MP.

Onemile, I think there's a difference between not trusting your training and getting negative feedback from your training. I'm not saying 8:30 is too fast. But you gotta figure out if your hesitancy is coming from a lack of trust or your training saying that's too fast. Keep in mind that those Strength workouts are gonna make you stronger at your MP. So maybe when you get to the Strength stage, MP will start to feel easier. You might also run that workout called something dorky like "3 and Go." it's a LR with the last three miles at MP. If you can do that workout ,may be it'll give you some confidence (or some answers).

Nice job on your tempo tonight BTW Smile

Docket_Rocket

Interesting.  In that case I would say listen to your body.  You know what's best.

You're right and I feel like I'm getting feedback that's telling me that i'ts not my MP -  I'm breathing too hard I think. I'm pretty sure I can complete Hansons workouts using it but it feels too aerobically taxing for it to be my actual MP.

Nice job on your tempo tonight BTW Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And hopefully I'll be the last post of the month? Cool

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page