runnit

Training recap week of 7/30 - 8/5 (Read 86 times)

mapfe

How'd y'alls week go?

I had my first 20 mile week, and an unexpected 9.5 mile day. I was supposed to run with my wife, but I ran during my lunch break (4 miles) then decided why not try a double and went with my wife for another 4.5. Felt good to have a high mileage day. It made the rest of the week tough to not get to high of an increase, and I ended up increasing less than I planned.

The exciting achievement was registering for my first race since 2007, a 5k! It is a pretty small race (130ish last year), but I am just excited to race again. Aiming for somewhere around 22.

2014 Goals

Don't die

My week was pretty good, unfortunately there was a bad storm Sunday so I couldn't get a full week of mileage, but I hit 55 so not bad. Had a pretty good tempo run on Friday and hit 17:32 for the 5k split in the tempo, which I was pretty happy about. This next week I'm hoping to hit about 63 miles and about 5:35 pace for the tempo. Last few weeks of training before my season starts!

All business

My week was pretty good.  I've been trying to get back into a regular schedule, and last week seemed to cooperate.

It was >80 degs here all weekend, and I can't take that heat, ugh!  So I was happy that I got out there at all.  Shooting for ~35 this week.

I was always of fan of running doubles, especially when you're looking to get that weekly mileage up.  I liked a morning run to get me functioning, then another after work to blow off steam = )

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

Another 40+ mile week for me. My legs are a little tired, but I think they are getting used to it. Four more weeks until my half marathon. This week should be my biggest week yet with a 16 mile long run, the a little of a taper. I'm getting really excited for the half.

My week was good. I hit just under 40 miles with a solid confidence-building tempo run and a bunch of easy running. I didn't get a long run in (again) due to family obligations and time constraints, but I had a couple 7 milers and an 8.5 miler so I'm not too concerned. Did a lot of outdoor running in really brutal heat, which was fun in a way. I've been running on treadmills a lot this summer because I have a gym at work, but lately I've been itching to get outside despite the shitty conditions. I have a 5k coming up a week from Thursday so I'm going to try to get a couple good workouts in this week. I'm hoping for sub 20:20.

shelfoo

My week was my lowest mileage week in forever. Only ran twice!

However, I ran 16k with somewhere around 500m elevation, pretty much an incline from 5k - 10k, and then back down. So that felt pretty good. Then did a tempo 12k on Friday.

Reason for the low mileage - was on vacation and camping, so was able to get in the run on Monday, took Tues off, drove 9 hours back from camping on Wednesday, Thursday have no excuse. Ran Friday, then was travelling for a wedding on Saturday and back on Sunday. Could probably have fit in some 6 - 8k runs in there, but whatev.

I did take my wife and daughter running (separately) but I don't really count those as the pace is super slow and workout effort are pretty much non-existent for me. 

Worst part about the week was the strap for my HRM broke, currently duct-taped while waiting for shipment of a new one.

This week should get back to 60ish km for the week, need to start focusing on the longer runs again.