runnit

Training recap week of 10/8 — 10/14 (Read 83 times)

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

Haven't had one of these in a while...

My training for the Tucson Marathon has been going well. I just finished week 4 of 12 putting in 48.8 miles (78.5km). My biggest week ever. After completing this week, I'm feeling really strong. It seems the only thing that makes me tired now is waking up so damn early to get in a medium-long run  (10-12 miles) during the week.

I have a lower volume week this coming week, and a 10k race the week after. I have no idea what to expect at the 10k given that there is 750 ft of elevation gain/drop. All I know is I'll do my best.

How's everyone else's training going?

mapfe

I ran my second 5k. Last one was 21:47, and on Saturday I ran a 20:55. My goal was sub 21, so I am happy. Got 2nd in my age group and 8th overall.

Next race is probably the weekend near Halloween, and I'd like to go sub 20:30. If the weather holds up, I'd like to be sub20 again by the end of the year.

Deds, I hate AM runs (really early like 5 or before). I couldn't do a 10-12 mile run waking up early. Impressive

2014 Goals

Don't die

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

I ran my second 5k. Last one was 21:47, and on Saturday I ran a 20:55. My goal was sub 21, so I am happy. Got 2nd in my age group and 8th overall.

Next race is probably the weekend near Halloween, and I'd like to go sub 20:30. If the weather holds up, I'd like to be sub20 again by the end of the year.

Now that is impressive! I haven't run an official 5k race in a while, but I'm assuming my 5k time is 22:30 ish. Sub 20 is damn fast. Nice job!

It's a race to sub 20 between you and youngoffender. I think she has the goal of sub 20 this year with similar race times to yours. I'd like to see how this plays out!

Cool as a Cucumber

The past week of training was excellent, and I'm saddened by my recent poor performance in the 5k. But oh well, these things happen and I haven't really done any specific work. Plus the conditions sucked. But not I'm just making excuses.

I've always struggled with high intensity at school because I have mandatory sprint/middle distance (all shittily planned) workouts for ROTC on monday and wednesday mornings. Last week was a sign that I'm ready to move up to harder workouts because I managed to do 16 miles on Tuesday and then do well enough in a sprint workout the next morning. Doing mile repeats at 9pm at night and then a sprint workout at 6am, however, still does not go well. Gotta find a new time to do workouts on my own.

Slash if anyone has any advice for recovering within 9 hours, that'd be fantastic.

The pavement fears me.

Pretty good week of training, felt great during all my workouts and ran a 27:30 8k, and a 16:20 5k the week before. Ready for the championship season I hope.

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

The past week of training was excellent, and I'm saddened by my recent poor performance in the 5k. But oh well, these things happen and I haven't really done any specific work. Plus the conditions sucked. But not I'm just making excuses.

I've always struggled with high intensity at school because I have mandatory sprint/middle distance (all shittily planned) workouts for ROTC on monday and wednesday mornings. Last week was a sign that I'm ready to move up to harder workouts because I managed to do 16 miles on Tuesday and then do well enough in a sprint workout the next morning. Doing mile repeats at 9pm at night and then a sprint workout at 6am, however, still does not go well. Gotta find a new time to do workouts on my own.

Slash if anyone has any advice for recovering within 9 hours, that'd be fantastic.

Yeah - sounds like you're over training from what your workouts are like, and your race performances. Ease off for a bit.

No idea how to recover in 9hrs... Maybe ice everything each night, and eat tons of fruit and vegetables for antioxidants. Stay away from processed stuff. 

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

Pretty good week of training, felt great during all my workouts and ran a 27:30 8k, and a 16:20 5k the week before. Ready for the championship season I hope.

Damn, now those are some impressive times. Good luck in the championship season!

jdmcgregor

All business

I've been feeling pretty good.  I finally committed, signed up for Seattle in November. Circumstances made me miss my long run last weekend, so i'm trying to make up for it.  Aiming to get 250 miles in for Oct, we'll see if that happens.  Taper time is quickly creeping up on me.

That being said, I love autumn in the pacific northwest.  It's perfect running weather!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy