Senior Grand Masters-60 and Older

I am now SIXTY!!! (Read 81 times)

Look out age group!!!  (why am  I so friggin' tired all the time-   not to mention SLOW!!)

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

#artbydmcbride

Oh no!  another youngster aged up into my age group!  Surprised

Happy Birthday!!

Runners run

old-runner

Congrats on #60... I just turned 60 in February and I was like a kid waiting to turn 16 to get his drivers licenses... couldn't wait!

The competition definitely thins out at 60 although I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Kinda nice to be able to place in the top 3 most of the time.

Around here aging up seems to be more of an advantage in the longer races. There still seem to be p,entry of really fast 5K and 10K ladies up into the early 70s, but fewer are doing half marathon and marathon (understandably).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I am not sure this is really something you want to be congratulated on- but if so, congratulations!

Some of the smaller races in my area attract very strong runners, even in their 70's, while in the big races, say 10,000 runners, there will be about 200 in M60-64, with a distribution much like that of the overall field, some very fast or slow, most in the middle. If I finish in the top 10% of my age group I am usually also in the top 10% overall. This may vary in other areas or for women, I don't know.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.