Swimmers

Pace Fish or something (Read 168 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Wouldn't it be cool to have a pace fish or something?  I'm realtively new to the whole swimming thing and need to set a goal for swimming this year.  Running is still my thing but I like swimming (well once I am a wake and after the first lap!).  What do you think would be a decent goal for someone like me?  Should I go by time and a distance or should I just try to reach a certain number of miles swimming for the year. 

Anyway, to create that pace fish,  You know like the pace bunny.  Maybe it could be a pace shark with the Jaws theme song.

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    protoplasm72

That's a good idea.  I just broke 400k meters for the year this week.  I'm going for 500k next year.

For a beginner I might suggest going by time.  If you are really slow now you might end up increasing in speed so much that you distance goal becomes really easy if you are swimming a couple hours a week.  In my first year I went from doing 500m to doing 1500m in the same amount of time.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson