200 side drill

100 catch-up

3 x (4 x 25 on 5sec rest)

100 recovery

200 side drill

100 catch up

600 to close

2000 yds total

the 3 x (4x25) was an all out effort......my time sucked but my lungs were burnin!

Slo

500 yd opener

side drills

catch up

worked on Bi-Lateral breathing. Alternating breathing sides every other lap.

3 x (3 x 150 10 sec rest) Kicked my ass

Kick board

Closed for a total of 2000 yds.

Yeah the pool is open again.  This is actually for yesterday, but I never got around to posting it.

200 wu

3 x
        100 im
        2 x 50 drill
        4 x 25 fast

2 x
        250 IM Pyr
        150 freestyle
        50 fast

150 cool down

Total of 2150.

Boy I can tell a difference after having a week and half off.  Today my lats are reminding me they are there and my arms are a little sore.  Felt great to be back in the pool.

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
        Wingz

Professional Noob

I've been out of the pool all week.  No good reason.  I am starting yoga though.  Going to class again tonight.  Next week starts off-season triathlon training, so I'll be getting two coached swim sessions a week for a bit.  Should be interesting...

Roads were made for journeys...

Slo

400 wu

200 side drills

100 catch up drill

2 times (main set)

4 x 25 on 5sec rest

2 x 50 on 7 sec rest

1 x 100

150 yds hard.

4 x 25

300 cool down.

Went in with out a plan.  I wanted to do my main set 3 times but the 2nd go around I was interrupted by a chatty gutter hugger after my 1st 50 yarder.

300 wu
              300 drills

400 pull
              4 x 100's
              300 pull
              4 x 75's
              200 pull
              4 x 50's
              100 pull
              4 x 25's

50 cool down

I love when he does those long sets that are easy to remember when I get home and can't write them down.

Wingz, what are you planning as far as off season training?  I'm really struggling trying to figure out exactly what to do this winter.  Before this year, running was my only sport and now with swimming and adding strength and still wanting to do some yoga, I can't figure out how to fit it all in.  (I am limited by only being able to train during the week as the weekends are usually full of skiing in the winter.)  I thought about totally dropping running for the winter, but I'm afraid I won't be able to start back up come spring.  It took me a long time to be able to run more than a mile without being totally winded.  I don't want to lose that. 

Sorry rambling now.

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Got back in the pool this morning finally!  1450 yds, about 55 minutes, and it felt good.  Smile

The local triathlon club holds coached swim workouts four days out of the week.  Members sign up for two days a week.  During the off season, they have fewer people, and concentrate their coaching more on drills and technique rather than just bulk.  The sign I saw advertising the off-season training said that you had to be able to swim 200 yards to start.  I can do that!  (If they don't mind it taking 5 minutes...)

So I'm signed up for Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 6 to 7 AM from mid-October through the end of December.

That's most of what I know.  Should be interesting!

Roads were made for journeys...