WDYDT (Read 440 times)

Beware, batbear...

This was actually yesterday's workout.

Warm-Up

300 Swim

200 Kick

100 Pull

Main Set

6 x 50 Free Drill on 1:30 (this seemed really slow, long breaks.  I would suggest on 1:15, unless you're doing a reallly slow drill.)

6 x 100 on 2:00

Odds choice (not free)

Evens Freestyle

100 easy swim

4 x 25 Sprints

100 cool down

1800 total in about 38 minutes.  Good swim for me.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Slo

Last night:

I've been getting to the outdoor municiple pool off and on. Last night was one of those.

Nice 800 yd Opener followed by:

4 x 200

200 w/paddles and pull bouy

200 cool down.

Swimming at the outdoor pool seems much more refreshing. They close the pool after the kids go back to school which is the week after next.....much much to early. There is still alot of outdoor swimming left.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Warm up 200 easy. 20x25, 5 each stroke on 20 seconds rest. Main Set (3x100, 2 on rest of 10 seconds, 1 on rest of 45 seconds.) X 5 continous. Warm down 300 easy.

Took it easy today because I'm tapering for a race this weekend (Lake Stevens 70.3).  I did, however, swim 9.1 miles last week (16,000 yds.).  More than I've ever done in one week.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

T-bone, holy cow 9.1 swim miles that is awesome!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Wow, that is an accomplishment T-bone. Good luck at race.
            Find the fun.
            TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I got in about 2 miles without break in the ocean today. Great use of my break at work, but the water was a little choppy. Not a fun swim, but I am glad I got it in.
              Find the fun.
              Slo

I've said it before but I can't say it enough.

I'd love to have access to open water swimming.

I drove to the Munciple pool, went for a 3.5 mile run then cooled off in the water with 1800 yds of mixed, easy swimming. Very refreshing.

I do long for the ability to just swim with out a wall getting in the way.

50 wu
                  200 kicking

1 x 300 desc
                  4 x 50 (12 x 3 drill)
                  1 x 300 desc
                  4 x 50 (6 x 3 drill)
                  1 x 300 fast
                  4 x 50 (3 x 3 drill)

8 x 75 kicking drills

200 IM

Good work out, was in Lane 2 today...had to keep up with the faster people who didn't believe in resting between sets.  It was good to push myself.

Tomorrow I"m meeting some tri friends to do some ows practice. 

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                  T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Wow, that is an accomplishment T-bone. Good luck at race.

Thanks.  The race went well.  I did a 31.52 swim split.  I guess those heavy yardage weeks are paying off!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Started swimming in our brand new city pool.  50 meters of outside glory.  Hit the pool around 6:15 and around 6:30 the sun rose.  It is so much better than the indoor 25 yarder.

Long swim today (4000m) - Warm up 400 long strokes. 3x100 on 20 sec rest. Main Set (4x200)x4, 1st set on 45 sec rest, 2nd two sets on rest of 30 sec, last set on rest of 15 sec. One minute break before final set. Warm down 100 easy.   The 200m reps were all in the 3:05-3:10 range.

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

I did something different today. I did a tag-team kind of workout with a friend and co-worker. It was circuit training with 400 yard ocean swims between each series of exercises . We did push-ups, pull-ups, dips, shoulders stuff, squat jumps,ab work  between the first two swims and a 1.5 mile soft sand run between the second two swims.

I enjoyed big lunch after too.

Find the fun.
                        Slo

Marathon training has taken it's toll on my swimming.

I actually made it to the pool this morning and did an actual workout.

1000 yd opener

3 x 150 kick

4 x 100 free

1850 total.

I'm going to focus on getting at least two quality sessions in each week while I''m in the crutches of Marathon training. Then I'll get back to swimming more !