Swimmers

Back at it (Read 105 times)

I took the summer off from lap swimming thinking I was going to get out and do a bunch of open water swimming. Well, I only did about 5 total sessions in July, August, September and one of those swims was for my first sprint triathlon. I was planning on getting a wetsuit but didn't want to spend the money on one until I shed a few more pounds.

Paid for my October YMCA membership yesterday and did a short swim session. By the looks of it, I'm starting all over again. I lost all my fitness and the technique, what little I had, is all but gone. Oh well, lesson learned, I hope.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I bet you'll see your fitness return fairly quickly.  It's just a matter of getting consistent again.

I've been debating on when to start swimming laps again myself.  I didn't get much in over the summer either and I really like swimming vs running in the winter because I hate the treadmill and I don't like to run in ice. 

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

I bet you'll see your fitness return fairly quickly.  It's just a matter of getting consistent again.

I've been debating on when to start swimming laps again myself.  I didn't get much in over the summer either and I really like swimming vs running in the winter because I hate the treadmill and I don't like to run in ice. 

I also HATE the dreadmill. I run outside all winter long and really don't come across alot of ice, maybe we use more salt on our roads then you do in Ohio.

I find that running in the winter is a good time to slow down and work on building up your base so you're ready to run fast when spring hits.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life