Swimmers

Lap counter? (Read 286 times)

Tinahb

I've got a cheapo Timex Ironman watch. I set it to 'chrono' and hit the bottom 'lap' button at the end of each lap (so only one wall, not both) Easy to make into habit, or when I'm finished I can tell easily on a double-check if I missed a turn.

Tina,

I have the same watch, and I've saved time and effort and don't hit the lap timer every lap. 
      I typically have my own lane in the pool I swim in, so when I start swimming, my first lap is to the left of the lap line.  The 2nd lap I swim directly over the lap line, and the 3rd lap I swim to the right of the lap line.  Through that pattern, I can easily count 500 yard sets without missing a lap or adding a lap.

Also, by not hitting the lap timer, you likely won't have too much of a pause at the wall.

I like the thought of the accelerometer within the 910xt, but I've never had a problem counting laps and yards using my method.  Better said, I've never had a problem figuring out my yards and laps after my workout.  Occasionally, I get lost counting yardage mid-workout when I try to factor in my rest time.

Cheers,
      Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life