The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Durrr

I'm very interested to see how you do. But make sure you save some energy for Hospice next weekend!
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(Jerry Phelps, who is in all three groups -- PaxVelo, CBRC, and PaxRiverTri -- posted this to the PaxRiverTri mailing list) ------------ There is a new 10 Miler in town! It'll be called the Lower Potomac 10-Miler, and the course will be from the Lighthouse to the Field Lab and back, with adjustments on Rte 249 as needed. It's a supplemental race to the LPR marathon, since CBRC had to limit the field, and the beneficiaries will be the Lighthouse and Field Lab. October 12, a week after Army 10-Miler. CBRC is still working the details but it's already on my calendar! It is a perfect 2 weeks before my fall marathon in Greenville, SC! Thanks LIZA! - Jerry Phelps

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

That 10-miler sounds very tempting! By the way, the Robbie Miles 5k in Prince Frederick takes place two weeks after Hospice. Think you might run that, Perry? My 5k quota would be satisfied by that race, leaving me a full month to focus on 10k training.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'll run the Robbie Miles if I'm in town - esp as it is on the CBRC Grand Prix. But, two weeks after Hospice sounds like Memorial Day, in which case I'll miss it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Diesel Power

Memorial Day is 5/26, which is more like 6 weeks after Hospice. DR: Which 10K(s) do you intend to run?
            Durrr

The Robbie Miles 5k is on May 3rd. http://www.calverthospice.org/c/111/robbie-miles-run-walk-fundraiser I believe the only 10k I'll be running is the Kiwanis 10k, which is on June 6th, right?

Diesel Power

June 7th.
                Durrr

The forecasted weather for Saturday morning seems to be getting progressively hotter. I just saw one report that calls for a high of 81 degrees! And since rain and thunderstorms are predicted for later on in the day, it might be rather humid, too. Well, just as long as it's not as bad as it was for Chaptico!

Diesel Power

That's one reason I'm likely not going to race from late June thru August... too damn humid. I'm not even sold on running the Annapolis 10 miler anymore. My next race after Kiwanis might be a September 5K. Weather.com hourly breakdown suggests the temperature in Leonardtown will be in the mid 50s with humidity at 72% at 6am tomorrow (when I wake up). Fortunately, the temperature will only be in the low 60s at race time, with humidity lowering to 60%. Sounds like good racing weather to me.
                    Spoon

I've run the Annapolis 10-miler three times and it never fails to be the hottest sunniest most humid day of the summer...or at least it seems to be. There are also some really good hills in the second half which make it a killer run. But at the same token, I've signed up with a friend to run the Rock and Roll Half on 30 or 31 Aug in VA Beach. Talk about hot and humid...
                      Durrr

So I take it you'll be in the States in August ...?

Diesel Power

If anything, maybe I'll run Annapolis at my Half goal pace.
                          Spoon

You'll need to run the first 5 miles probably 15-20 seconds (at least) faster than you want to average for the whole run. Joe and Phil will probably second that, I imagine. I leave Colombia on 28 June and will probably be back in Virginia by mid-July.
                            Durrr

So I'm becoming fairly committed to running the Robbie Miles 5k in nine days. What about you, Perry? I'm also trying to get Joe on board.
                              Durrr

I think the last several posts in Training --- all of which have had to do with upcoming races --- would be better suited to this thread, Upcoming Races. I'm conflicted about October. On one foot I'd like to support the new, fledgling Lower Potomac River 10-Miler, but on the other I'm drawn to the Baltimore Half Marathon. I'd really like to experience a true long distance event in the big venue of a massive event with thousands of people all about me --- a direct opposite of LPRM experience.