The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

philibusters

My interest in the eight hour run varies.  Part of me is interested in running something like that because there are times when I have ambitions of beating my time from last year's LPRM.  At other times, I feel like running is more of a recreational activity to stay in shape and while I would like to do well, its not worth the effort of increasing my mileage from say 30 miles a week to 60 miles a week which is the type of mileage I am running when I really do my best..

Durrr

I'm officially signed up for Snapple. Note, however, that time is of the essence; registration goes up by $10 starting tomorrow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Icy 8 web page says registration and wait list are both closed. (It is the same day as one of our trail races.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

It looks like the half-marathon course on Sunday might be snow-covered --- perhaps significantly! I don't think anyone is going to plow the C&O Tow Path. Ugh, and the Google Maps directions to get there consists of 21 steps.

By the way, Perry, I noticed that you ran with Brandon D. on Saturday. How is his marathon training going?

MTA:  I see an alternate route now that, though 10 miles longer in distance, is far more straightforward (only 13 steps).

philibusters

It looks like the half-marathon course on Sunday might be snow-covered --- perhaps significantly! I don't think anyone is going to plow the C&O Tow Path. Ugh, and the Google Maps directions to get there consists of 21 steps.

By the way, Perry, I noticed that you ran with Brandon D. on Saturday. How is his marathon training going?

MTA:  I see an alternate route now that, though 10 miles longer in distance, is far more straightforward (only 13 steps).

You should consider investing in a GPS.

Durrr

This is relieving:

Hi David

To accomodate a number of athletes coming from out of town, we will have Race Day packet pickup from 8:00-8:45am on 27 Jan.  So the official days for packet pickup will be Friday 4-8pm at Georgetown Running Company and Sunday at the Race Start from 8:00-8:45am

All the best

Adriana and Matt

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Brandon mentioned that they (he & Katie) were thinking of racing that half, as a fitness test.

philibusters

I keep waiting for DR's race report (or at least for him to imput his data into his log), but nothing so far.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I keep waiting for DR's race report (or at least for him to imput his data into his log), but nothing so far.

Myself as well. I saw his time on an FB thread.

I should probably do an easy marathon sometime in May or June - just for the mileage.  Any suggestions? A Saturday one.

philibusters

I don't really know any marathon in that time frame.  Debbie Francisco does the Bob Potts Marathon in May or June I think.  I think that is easy trail, but she seemed to like it.

Durrr

Phil, I've got to imagine that your marathon confidence has been surging over the past couple weeks. I'm wondering if you're now considering setting an "old school" Boston qualification by breaking 3:10:00 (i.e., take 10 minutes off  your time from last year). Perhaps you could even dare to best Joe's Wineglass Marathon 2010 time!

philibusters

Phil, I've got to imagine that your marathon confidence has been surging over the past couple weeks. I'm wondering if you're now considering setting an "old school" Boston qualification by breaking 3:10:00 (i.e., take 10 minutes off  your time from last year). Perhaps you could even dare to best Joe's Wineglass Marathon 2010 time!

Not happening.  I know my fitness from the last marathon training cycle and I know my fitness now and I like my fitness now over last year, but there is not a huge difference.  Plus everything went well at the marathon last year.   That said my unofficial goal is to break 3:15.

philibusters

For the sake of some drama, I am going to throw down a challenge to DR.  26 minutes and 12 seconds.... I bet you cannot beat me by more than that in the marathon (that is one mile a minute).   Do you accept the challenge?

Durrr

Hmm, I don't know, Phil --- I think the odds are definitely in your favor there. I'm quite certain that you're going to break 3:15:00, while for me a lot of factors will have to go right for me to break 2:50:00. Thus we're already talking a window of time between our finishes potentially shrinking under 25 minutes. Nonetheless, aspiring to finish ahead of you by 26:12 would certainly be a motivation to help keep me honest in latter miles of the race.