The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

Durrr

I forgot that Phil was running in the MCM until today when I saw it mentioned on Facebook (I knew he had a marathon coming up, but I was thinking that it was something else in November). I'm of course most interested to see if he finishes ahead of ... Adubb!

Durrr

Or perhaps I was mistaken. No sign of Phil in the results. So unless A) he ran using a bib intended for someone else or B) he had trouble with representing his name correctly (a la Fillmore Cullum), it appears he didn't race. But Adubb sure did:

AARON WITHERSPOON

SPRINGFIELD, VA

Male / 30

Finish Time
      Finish Net 4:10:06
      Finish Gun 4:21:45

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So you also don't know Phil's bib# - I just came here to ask if anyone knows it...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'm trying to decide between these Saturday options:

1) Competitive run at CAASA where I feel defeated and deflated. (Based on last year's results I'll be lucky to get top 6. I think if I tapered the rest of the week I could maybe go sub 19:30.)

2) Nice run at St. John's where I know nobody, but can feel relatively good about my run. (First annual and same day as CAASA, can't possibly get more than 1 random good runner.)

3) Doing a hard workout this weekend instead of a race so that I can improve without as much risk for injury. (I would say this is a great option, except that I'm really lacking tempos and if I should do a tempo then I may as well do a race.)

Going up the road Saturday isn't an option I can entertain yet because some people are coming into town that day for Emily's show and I don't yet know what time they're getting here, so I'm trying to keep it local for now.

I'm also debating on Sunday whether to go and jog Fabulous with 47. I will have been up late the night before and may even have done some drinking. I don't have a huge interest in the race itself, but I do have some interest in supporting it because Tucker is involved in its organization.

Durrr

I see only one sensible option: #1! You've yet to grace a single Grand Prix event this year, and Step By Step would be the perfect way to get started.

philibusters

So you also don't know Phil's bib# - I just came here to ask if anyone knows it...

I was Lisa Taylor of Newport News.

Durrr

I've heard of cross gender dressing before, but not cross gender bibbing!

Perhaps Joe will reconsider his Step By Step reluctance in light of the likelihood that racing conditions should be quite quick tomorrow on an already fast course. If Joe was able to run 19:36 amidst the heat and hills of Leonardtown at the Blaine Whorl 5k, not so long ago, then he might be looking at sub-19:00 potential tomorrow.

I've felt pretty slow this week. As my training log does not indicate, I ran more than 30 miles over the first four days of this week, so yesterday and today have been used for heavy recovery, but I have little confidence that I will wake up tomorrow feeling flight of foot. I have some intention of showing up at Solomons tomorrow, though, and seeing what I feel like doing.

Durrr

Not looking too bad!

9 AM
                    Partly Cloudy

58°

Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:
                        58°

HUMIDITY:
                        72%

PRECIP:
                        10%

WIND:
                        WNW at 3 mph

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I predict St John's will NOT be a gimme. I hear that Jen Henkle's sons are running it. Although I beat Steven at Juneteenth (results), he ran much faster yesterday, coming in at 17:39. I predict he will significantly defeat his brother tomorrow. MTA: I'll pick Stephen by 30sec.

philibusters

I signed up for the Richmond Marathon in two weeks.  Figured after a disappointing MCM I need to redeem myself and go sub- 3:30

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Go get it, Phil the Fearless!

Do you know anyone else who signed up for Richmond?

Do you feel recovered from the previous marathon?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FYI:

Paula Fernandes, of Baltimore and St George's Island, is running Richmond: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chesapeake_bay_running_club/tags/paulaf/

philibusters

Do you know anyone else who signed up for Richmond?

Do you feel recovered from the previous marathon?

I know one other person in the race.  You should sign up Joe.  I would try to talk Perry into it, except hes running Stone Mill 50 miler that day.