The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Planning to run at Chancellor's tonight. My plan is warmup from 5:45, then run some mile repeats after 6:45 w Alison and probably w Crystal.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I had my best tempo run in a while tonight.   4 miles in 26:20 or so which is a 6:35 pace and while tired I could have kept going (in other words I wasn't dying like I was at the end of the 3 mile 6:40 pace tempo I did two weeks ago).  Overall, this is my most pleasing speed work since probably June of 2012.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just saw that in your log and was impressed - obviously you took the 27 miler in stride.

Durrr

Perry seems to be having a lot of issues lately with keeping his Forerunners charged. I'd recommend just leaving it on the charger overnight (or all day at work).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Actually I usually do charge it overnight, and I have a charger at work as well. But if I forget to do either... then I have a run like last night, with estimating.

Its ability to hold a charge seems to have decayed significantly -- it didn't even make it through that 27mi run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Between the 27mi weekend run, the tempo two days later, and an 11miler today, clearly Phil is back with no problems with mileage.

Durrr

That's too bad that Phil just did a manual upload, as now we have no way of knowing what his splits were.

philibusters

That's too bad that Phil just did a manual upload, as now we have no way of knowing what his splits were.

I didn't have my Forerunner with me.  I ran with another guy and he said the total pace for the run was 7:32.  There was a 3 minute break at mile 5 while we waited to see if another runner was going to join us.  Unlike me who sometimes let my watch keep going, the guy I was running with stops his watch when he stops for a break.  The splits felt pretty even except for the last mile where we picked it up to sub 7.  The guy I am running with, Michael Leech has a DR type mentality when it comes to training pace, he likes to keep it medium effort, rather than easy.

At this very moment, Phil has more mileage than DR.  I don't remember the last time I saw that.

I win the prize for the lowest mileage....head cold, cough, sore throat all week - these 3 do not make good running buddies.

philibusters

Between the flu and the norovirus it seems there are a lot of virus going around this year.

philibusters

At this very moment, Phil has more mileage than DR.  I don't remember the last time I saw that.

I win the prize for the lowest mileage....head cold, cough, sore throat all week - these 3 do not make good running buddies.

The skeptic in me thinks DR may be acting coy right now in attempt to take the weekly mileage crown as he and Perry will be very close to this week.

philibusters

I am kind of looking forward to DR commenting on his 101 mile week.

Durrr

The bulk of my statement was going to be "Huzzah! I hooked a hefty hundred!" but I held off since I still don't know how much Perry ended up with last week (Sunday-Saturday). His Saturday logging cut off cryptically after part 2 of 5 of his Calvert Cliffs running (and then that Piney Point Sunday morning run got cancelled). I will say that after nailing a nifty ninety back at the beginning of February, I became determined to just once touch triple digits. And I made a point to run 101 miles because, had I stopped at 100, then I could say that I've run a hundred miles in a week before --- but never more. Yet now I can say that I've run over a hundred miles in a week before (if only by one mile!).

philibusters

Your 101 caught me off guard.  I looked at your training plan and knew you  had a 24 miler scheduled for Saturday, but for whatever reason I thought you were aiming at 90 or 95.  I think you had Thursday as TBD so I figured you would do something quicker, maybe a 5 mile tempo sub 30 or something like that where with the WU and CD you hit 10 or so for the day.  But you actually got 18 on Thursday.  If I had realized you got 18 on Thursday I probably would have correctly surmised your plan.

philibusters

Whoa did Perry miss a day of running?