The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Running at the college tonight -about 5pm

Rain and wind.  Should be fun.  :-)

I went home after work last night and felt fairly certain I would not have run outdoors yesterday even if I had been running regularly. As if on cue I received a text message from Perry saying he was at the college. Crazy runners!

I plan to hang out at the track tonight, but I don't promise to keep up with you even on your warm up or cool down.

I was very glad to be done last night - cold, windy, actual rain (not just sprinkling).  Almost half of the track was serious wind.  It made the other half feel really good.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I plan to hang out at the track tonight, but I don't promise to keep up with you even on your warm up or cool down.

Don't think that you're going to get nearly as exciting weather as last night had.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I went home after work last night and felt fairly certain I would not have run outdoors yesterday even if I had been running regularly. As if on cue I received a text message from Perry saying he was at the college. Crazy runners!

We are anticipating your presence at the track this evening. No excuses. :-)

Durrr

Though I ran a grand total of 2 miles over the final 5 days of the month, somehow I held on to become the Pharaoh of February Mileage!

DR:

301.0 mi 37:19:25 7:27 / mi

Perry:

283.5 mi 38:22:07 8:08 / mi

Phil:

198.7 mi 27:00:31 8:10 / mi

Crystal:

109.4 mi 14:54:34 8:11 / mi

Phil's average pace impresses me. The guys he runs with are keeping his pace honest.

Pretty good mileage for a short month. Keeping it to exactly 4 weeks is convenient, though.

Hopefully I was the king of February weight loss.

philibusters

Except now I'm going to have to wait and see whether my left foot (more the inner side ankle, actually) is just temporarily kinked up or if this will be a lasting issue.

I think underestimated your running issues a little bit.  I thought you were just talking about leg fatigue, soreness, and occasionally some body part feeling a bit out of whack (yet the body part is healed by the next run--like a foot hurts one run near the end but is magically better than the next run).  Those are the typical symptoms that heavy running volume produces in me.  However, it sounds like you may actually have an injury of your left foot.

Durrr

Posterior tibial tendinitis is the possible issue (based only on some online research). By about Wednesday I think I'll have to make the weighty decision of whether or not the marathon is still feasible. Now, I knew all along that the aggressive training plan I devised was a high reward yet high risk strategy --- but the really frustrating thing is that it wasn't until the last couple miles of my last big workout before taper time that I finally "blew a gasket".

philibusters

Posterior tibial tendinitis is the possible issue (based only on some online research). By about Wednesday I think I'll have to make the weighty decision of whether or not the marathon is still feasible. Now, I knew all along that the aggressive training plan I devised was a high reward yet high risk strategy --- but the really frustrating thing is that it wasn't until the last couple miles of my last big workout before taper time that I finally "blew a gasket".

That really sucks, just bad luck on the timing.  It sounds like if your foot could have just held up for a few more miles you would have gone into the taper and been ready to go all rested for the marathon.

philibusters

I am 3 days behind on my logging.  Which do the Forerunner is not a huge issue, except its going to be tough to remember which shoes I wore which days.

That's the best problem to have!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So in case DR takes some time off then feels ready to try again, I browsed marathonguide briefly and posted several upcoming ones over in the Upcoming Races thread.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am 3 days behind on my logging.  Which do the Forerunner is not a huge issue, except its going to be tough to remember which shoes I wore which days.

I rotate my shoes in a circle - so I can go look at them and count back, if I haven't logged a day or two back.

philibusters

Did you take off the day after the marathon Perry?