The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have a bad feeling the Rapps will also be out of town.

Unfortunately it's another case of our holiday schedule being too similar to yours - visiting my parents the same weekend as you Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

philibusters

After a week in Maine, I was reminded that it is still hot and humid in Virginia/Maryland.   The hottest it was in Maine was 78 degrees (and that still felt hot because the sun was out).  However, on the coldest day there, the high was only 70 and I was able to run at like 10 in the morning in 65 degree weather.  I was on the Maine coast along the ocean, supposedly if you go inland, the temperature is 5 to 10 degrees warmer.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Was this really a bike ride? That's quite a trip!

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/37689d5e462a45678778f72d0fbbd759/workouts/f28b7d68002a404eaf64cb4d84c9f0cb

Nope, that was a car detour - we wanted to check where it actually went, afterward.

Durrr

I just uploaded/logged 19 Forerunner entries, going back to 07/19/2014 (this time period includes both the track series 5000m and the Chaptico Classic 10k).

Durrr

Looks like I lost the battle of the Sunday long runs!

NameDistance ▼Time
              AmoresPerros 20 mi 3:00:16
              philibusters 18 mi 2:39:25
              Durrr 17 mi 1:58:05

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Huh. Apparently you guys both ran faster than me. But I just remembered that more than half of mine was on gravel (and sometimes on dirt).

philibusters

I had a surprisingly good 3 X 1600 workout tonight, ran 6:04, 6:04, 5:59, just 800 jog recoveries.   I had a similar workout in the spring, but this one was probably more unexpected as I didn't think my speed would be that good.

I'll edit to add I was helped a lot by good weather, it was 76 or so degrees and not humid when I did the run yesterday evening so it is probably just a case of those 6:10 miles in 90 heat becoming 6:02/6:03 miles in the cooler weather.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice fast 1600s!

philibusters

I am starting to get tired legs as I hit the heart of marathon training.

This week I should hit 62 or 63 miles capped off by the Fort Eustis Half Marathon on Saturday where I expect to run in the 1:26 or 1:27 range.

Next week I should have similar mileage capped off by a trail marathon just outside Richmond where I plan to try to run at marathon effort for miles 6-9, 12-15, and 18 to 21.

The following week will be a recovery week in the 40 to 45 range, but the following week I want to be either my first or second higher highest mileage week of this marathon cycle, so I am looking for around 70 to 72 miles.

My fitness is slowly coming around.  I was disappointed in the 5k on Sept 6, but it was hot and humid so I am should have known I was going to be 30 seconds off or so from my goal time.  The half marathon this weekend will give me a good indication if I am on pace to break 3:05 at the Richmond Marathon, November 15th.  I feel anything under 1:25 is a sign I am on or ahead of schedule.  1:25 to 1:27 which is where I expect to be means I am still on schedule but have lots of work to do, and anything slower than 1:27 means I am behind schedule and I am really going to have be perfect to improve enough in the 8 weeks between the half and the full in order to qualify at the full.  My feel from knowing myself and how I translate up in race times is that  a 1:24 flat in the half may equal a 3:04 flat or so in the full in equal conditions.  Granted things like the weather come into play so if it were hot and humid this weekend (say above 80 degrees) and cool on November 15th then a 1:24 would probably equal more like a 3:00 or so

Best of luck with all of those races, Phil.  Sounds like you are working hard to achieve your goal.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've broken 3:05 but not 1:25.

philibusters

What is the latest on everybody's training?

Perry are you training for the 50 miler?

DR your mileage is varies from week to week.  What are you training for.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yep, I'm trying to. But my mileage is below its streaking levels, and I still don't get long runs in unless I have company.

philibusters

I should be coming back to Maryland for the weekend of 4th and 5th.  I am being looking for about 10 on Saturday and 22 on Sunday so if you are home that weekend we may be able to get a couple runs in.