The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not very enchanted with the weekday doubles, myself.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

How is your running coming Joe?

Perry are you doing any more long runs before your 24 hour attempt next month?

I love the ideas of doubling, the problem is that with a regular job its a pain in the butt as you have to wake up really early.  If I ever become a regular doubler, it will be because I bought a treadmill for early morning runs.

The biggest problem with the schedule is that professional runners get to take a nap in the middle of the day between their runs. That's not a luxury we have and a primary reason why their schedule isn't realistic for us. I think without naps I could build up to 90 minute doubles, but I can't see going longer than that without true rest between the two runs and expecting to be able to repeat that the following day.

My running is both great and terrible right now. I'm not managing to run every day and some days I don't have as much time to run as I'd like. The actual runs themselves are going fairly well, though. I've been consistent enough the last couple of months that I'm noticing improvement in the way I feel when I run. I'm aerobically much better, but my speed and threshold haven't necessarily improved. It's comfortable to go run for an hour, but I don't think I can break 6:00 in the mile. I sometimes exaggerate this, but right now it may be true. I don't think my body is mechanically ready to run fast; I'd be at risk of injury.

I'm running the Frederick Half Marathon next weekend (so is Alden). It's not a race to me. It's more of a planned long run. I'm happy I scheduled it. I thought I'd be getting regular 10+ mile long runs in, but my last few weeks have proven it's harder to do on some weekends than I thought. So now 13 miles next weekend is a badly needed workout and I'm really happy I scheduled it.

MTA: Theoretically I should add a little more speed right now besides just strides, but I've been hoping to lose a tiny bit of weight before starting higher impact running. I don't believe in speedwork just being added at the end of training if you want to be fast, but I don't see a point in running workouts like 300s if my achilles, knees, hips, and possibly hamstrings are going to be at risk of injury.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry are you doing any more long runs before your 24 hour attempt next month?

I have not made any plans about it, but I will probably try to join a long run in either or both of the next two weekends.

Perry, you're slacking on your logging. Wink

I may need to prioritize updating my log. I've been keeping a Word file of my runs and encountered a problem where I thought the last day I ran before taking an injury break was 21 May with DR, but on my phone notepad I put that I ran 23 May at the college and saw Scott Kopicko. Except I think that wold have been 19 May when my Word log says I did a similar workout. I think I mistyped in my phone and it's throwing me off. I'm pretty sure my watch will reveal I didn't run at all on 23 May.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Actually I did not run on Friday or on Monday. I am slacking on finishing my entry for Saturday though, cause that is a mess.

philibusters

Perry, you're slacking on your logging. Wink

I may need to prioritize updating my log. I've been keeping a Word file of my runs and encountered a problem where I thought the last day I ran before taking an injury break was 21 May with DR, but on my phone notepad I put that I ran 23 May at the college and saw Scott Kopicko. Except I think that wold have been 19 May when my Word log says I did a similar workout. I think I mistyped in my phone and it's throwing me off. I'm pretty sure my watch will reveal I didn't run at all on 23 May.

May 23 was memorial day weekend.  May 19 was the day we met up in D.C. for the TV on the Radio concert.   You ran in the neighborhoods because you had a flat tire and my father and my nephew saw you running.

philibusters

As much I as I wish my lack of miles was due to lack of logging, I am now up to date.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

As much I as I wish my lack of miles was due to lack of logging, I am now up to date.

I decided not to run anymore today. I told Crystal, "Phil isn't running that much, I can slack off. But then again, I said that before VA24, and I could not keep up with him the entire way there--but most of the way."

Wow, Phil. You've been a beast the last 5 days. I'd say that's a solid rebound from injury.

I survived the Baltimore 10 miler as a nice aerobic run, but I'm not too eager to test my hip by returning to daily running yet.

philibusters

I am in a mileage building phase.  The plan was for 20 last week, 30 this week, 35 next week, 40 the following week and I am not sure where I'll go from there, but getting to forty will be nice.

Diesel Power

I'm back for at least the next five minutes or so.

Has RA developed an easier way to upload log entries?  Excel?  An app?  Nothing?

I'll be over here.

philibusters

I'm back for at least the next five minutes or so.

Has RA developed an easier way to upload log entries?  Excel?  An app?  Nothing?

I'll be over here.

Do you use the RA Connector?

Diesel Power

I haven't used the RA Connector.  What is that?

Click training log at the top to leave the forum view.

Along the top you'll see New Run Entry, New Equipment, New Course, Upload GPS Data, and New message. Select Upload From GPS instead of Upload From File even if you had to click Upload From File from the dropdown (not sure what you'll see).