The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

philibusters

Phil, that was a heck of a long run. Make sure you get good recovery. Who all is doing Richmond with you?

Yeah its tough to get the recovery right.

Mike is the pacer for the 3:05.

Ann Germaine-Danz who narrowly beat you (Joe) at the 8K in March is also running.  She is  better than the 8k indicated, she had missed the previous 5 months of running with an injury, but her marathon PR is still only a 3:15 so I don't think she will be able to stay with me if I am running well.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah its tough to get the recovery right.

Which I guess varies both with schedule and with individual confidence: Genzebe Dibaba is doubling and Allyson Felix is not (but Allyson would like to do so at Rio).

Mike is the pacer for the 3:05.

That is pretty nifty!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

So Mike is the pacer for 3:05, you're targeting 3:05, and you're both training together. This all makes sense.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I might outrun Phil this week. In distance.  Well, my weeks run til Sunday.

If I adjust the report to show Sat to Sat, here is what I see right now (before he posts for today):

Name ▲DistanceTime
          AmoresPerros 64.1 mi 9:10:32
          Durrr 0 mi 0:00
          philibusters 64.2 mi 9:16:23
          Soprano 30.1 mi 4:39:01
          xenoplastic 0 mi 0:00

Phil. I saw you did a 3x1 mile workout. How did the 6:03 at the end feel? Do you have any workouts planned at marathon pace?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Phil. I saw you did a 3x1 mile workout. How did the 6:03 at the end feel? Do you have any workouts planned at marathon pace?

I saw that too, plus another nice long run.

philibusters

It felt okay.  I was working hard, but not killing myself.  I also have tired legs from the cumulative fatigue of increasing my mileage over the past month.  Have you done any speed work lately Joe?

I have done some speedwork, but it never really goes under a 6:00 pace, so I don't often bring it up. A few weeks ago I did a 3x(600, 400, 200) where the only thing that dipped under 6:00 pace was the final 200 of the last set. I'm racing much better than my workouts indicate. One of the few things I've done right this season is get more out of doing less. There's still plenty of the fall racing season left for me to overtrain and injure myself, though!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal is ahead in mileage this week Smile

Name ▲DistanceTime
                    AmoresPerros 13 mi 1:50:57
                    philibusters 12.2 mi 1:48:58
                    Soprano 14.1 mi 2:07:15

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have enjoyed running fairly hard Tue-Thu last week and this week, but it might not be the best schedule.

Oops.  I think I broke the 10% increase rule this week.............

philibusters

Oops.  I think I broke the 10% increase rule this week.............

Are you doing the 50 miler?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, we are running Rosaryville--the 50K in last November.

philibusters

I think Rosaryville, Richmond, and Stone Mill may all be on the same day.

If things go as planned, I think August, September, and October may be 3 out of my top 4 highest mileage months ever.  I got 277 for August, I am hoping to hit 280 for September, and 280 for October.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ah, you are right (Sat, Nov 14, 2015 for all three). I did not realize that when we registered for Rosaryville 50K.

Once again, you better finish well before me Smile