The League of Extraordinary Runners

Race Results (Read 2297 times)

Durrr

Yes, perhaps it is curious that me and Rudisha have never been seen in the same place at the same time ...

Dickshinski was just 5 seconds away from the breaking the CBRC track series mile record that's stood since 2009. Perhaps he would've pulled it off had he not run a 5:49 "warm up" mile immediately before the race!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perhaps he would've pulled it off had he not run a 5:49 "warm up" mile immediately before the race!

During that warmup, he actually stopped and waited for Katie on the backstretch in the middle of lap four.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

Crystal joined the ultra club and Perry won his age group.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal joined the ultra club...

Not without some kicking and screaming...

philibusters

Not without some kicking and screaming...

less singing this year, more exclamatory comment about the cramps in her legs.

Durrr

Phil and Perry each ran enough today to end up with 2 and 3 miles more (respectively) than I did for the week.

Congrats to Crystal on a convincing ultra debut. I'd say that 35 miles (nearly twice what I ran today, and felt like I ran quite a bit) is quite a hefty tally! Wait, Phil was singing?

Phil and Perry each ran enough today to end up with 2 and 3 miles more (respectively) than I did for the week.

Congrats to Crystal on a convincing ultra debut. I'd say that 35 miles (nearly twice what I ran today, and felt like I ran quite a bit) is quite a hefty tally! Wait, Phil was singing?

No, no singing from Phil, only running.  I was singing the leg cramp song, only it didn't sound like singing. :-)  The race actually went well though - I did not expect to get in that much mileage.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Durrr

philibusters

Durrr

Perhaps you'll rethink wearing a white shirt to your next ultra! However, that is just how I looked in the SMLA gym one Saturday following a treadmill long run in which I'd worn a shirt that was both white and too loose (the bouncing around of the technical fabric is what causes the nipple-nicking friction).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Phil's later laps were a bit farleky, as he spent longer in the aid stations than us, and caught up afterward, and also had a lap where he hit the bathroom halfway around and then caught up after.

philibusters

Unlike Perry who is running very well right now, I am going chugging along, neither running poorly, but not close to setting PR's. My official race time yesterday was 19:15  http://www.tidewaterstriders.com/site/wp-content/uploads/results13/memorial5k13.txt  I don't think the Endless Summer Run slowed me down very much.  At the very end, and I literally mean the very end of the race (like the last 100 meters) by hamstring got tight, so that ruled off a sprint finish and I think that tightness was probably attributable to endless summer.  I think if I had been well tapered I could have run 10 to 15 seconds faster, but right now I don't think I am a sub 19 minute 5'Ker.

I got 45th place overall and 12th in the male 30-39 age group (though they did five year age groups and I got 6th in the 30-34 age group.

I'll give myself a B.  I wasn't unhappy but I don't have a lot of good speedwork or races, so I don't have the physical or mental adaptions for shorter races.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I was happily surprised with how well the 5000 went for me.

philibusters

This is the third race in a row where Perry has exceeded performance expectations.  I think we can officially say Perry is trending upward.  FIrst he PR's in the mile by 6 seconds dropping from 5:09 (in 2011) to 5:03.  Then 3 days after the 6 hour run where he ran 36 miles, he doesn't PR, but probably runs one of his top five 5K's in 18:07 on the track in stifling afternoon heat.   Then he runs a trail race that looks like it was slightly short of five miles, but was on trail, and beats 3 people who usually beat him finishing it at a 6:14 pace.   Right now Perry is experiencing performance breakthroughs.