The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

You bite the fries and the fries bite back, my man!

After the next group run we might have to go to Five Guys instead of Panera.

Durrr

Oh no, that is Avery's mother. I just raced with her and her kids in Crofton back in June.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

She was the best cheerer on the course at this year's ES6 - I had been hoping to thank her the next time I saw her.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

She was the best cheerer on the course at this year's ES6 - I had been hoping to thank her the next time I saw her.

+1

This is so very sad.  I've competed in some races with her and was hoping to get to know her and her family a little better.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Places to drive fast: http://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-fastest-roads-1450008282

It lists 10, counting up. #1 isn't even a road, but it's where people have driven really, really fast.

Durrr

Thinking about running in the Bonneville Salt Flats 100-mile ultra marathon? There couldn't be a faster course!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thinking about running in the Bonneville Salt Flats 100-mile ultra marathon? There couldn't be a faster course!

But not a very fast start, in that video.

By contast, the varsity girls field leaders went through the first mile mark under 6 today.

Durrr

Phil and the Rapps are very familiar with Alyssa, Kara's blogger/ultra runner friend. But another girl in their blogger/runner group, Ashley --- who's definitely the fastest and most competitive among them --- made her first So. MD appearance last August at the Chaptico Classic (where she handily won the W20-29 age group in the 10k). I've since become a big fan of her blog:  http://the-place-i-am-right-now.blogspot.com/

It's remarkable what a kindred spirit she is to me when it comes to our approach to running. As is obvious in her most recent entries, she's currently having to sit on the sidelines with an injury boot and miss an intensely trained for marathon --- and the pathos of her plight do indeed echo what I went through last March.

Durrr

I could use some Grand Prix wisdom. So far this year for the M20-29 group, Brandon is 1 (LPRM), 1 (track series mile), 1 (Chaptico Classic 5k ... apparently I would've had to run faster than 35:30 in the 10k to run a better equivalent time), and 1 (LPR10 ... though apparently this one doesn't count since only the better time between the 2 LPR events bears weight). Then I'm 2, 2, and 1. So if I get 1s at the HSMC Thanksgiving 5k and Jingle Bell, could I still have a chance at clinching the Grand Prix age group? That is, would 2-2-1-1-1 beat 1-1-1-1?

Brandon needs a minimum of three races. The scoring counts five. He receives 10 points each (rather than 1 for a first place, etc) if he does not complete a 4th or 5th race. If he does not complete 5 races and you do, you will win. Right now he is looking at 1+1+1+10+10 based on his current results. He can change those 10s to 1s by victories in two more races.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ashley also ran LPRM in 2013 & 2012.

I concur with Joe about Grand Prix scoring.

Durrr

Looks like I'll have a bit less competition around here henceforth. Demers is moving to Annapolis!

Demers Elite Training
                          2 hours ago.Alright folks big changes. Been pretty dormant lately on here for a reason. Proud to announce a move up to Annapolis where I am now working at Fleet Feet Sports in Annapolis! Super excited for the change but sad to leave Southern Maryland a...nd especially my spot at Leonardtown coaching those kids. It's been a great ride and an amazing platform to grow, but I am excited to continue to grow and see what this new opportunity brings!

If you're in the area swing by and see what we have to offer you! Happy running all and stay warm!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Joe, in honor of your actually logging recently, and more importantly, agreeing to run with me through the winter, I have a small, token gift for you - I can hand it to you tomorrow at the college, or Wed at the college - hopefully I'll see you both evenings. It is black, and plugs into a cigarette lighter.

Perry, I don't think I can make Wednesday night, but I can make tonight. If this weather keeps up, then it will be a good opportunity to test out the device.

DR, I don't think he's moving so far away that you won't still see him at races down here.