The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

Durrr

Ashley also ran LPRM in 2013 & 2012.

I just discovered that she's on RA:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d2528e9cff504741abc189724e0ba6ac

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Some people just don't think that this cold is a very big deal. Whilst driving yesterday afternoon, I spotted David Strickland running along 235 sans shirt (I did not, however, spot him running in such fashion this morning).

My experience watching videos of college males running (sounds like a fetish) leads me to believe that gentlemen under the age of 22 who have net yet had a real job have not yet spent money on investing in a solid line of technical clothing. So if the option is usually to wear cotton on what could be a sweaty run, they'd just about rather go shirtless. And then the one guy whose rich tastes or rich parents enabled him to have technical clothing must choose to hide this white collar identifier or else be known on the team by this identifying trait only. If it's every approaching 70 degrees, then the entire cross country team except for like one guy is always shirtless. Then it just becomes hip or not. And in the end they just start to default to going shirtless and at liberal universities the women wear just a sports bra. Truth.

No Shirts Here

1964 Texas Track Club

Professional Runners Who Don't Realize They Have A Sponsor Who Gives them Shirts

Durrr

If it's ever approaching 70 degrees, then the entire cross country team except for like one guy is always shirtless.

Indeed.

Sara was discussing this evening about how the women used to harass the girls that wore matching running outfits in college.  Running skirts and pink bows were a no-no too.

Durrr

Where is she taking off to? I heard that people were wishing her farewell at last night's Pub Run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Balmer

Durrr

Then I fear that my record when racing against her will remain 0-1 forever!

I thought DR might find this article semi-interesting: http://www.runnersworld.com/treadmills/biomechanics-expert-debunks-treadmill-running-myths

Basically it says the 1% incline rule for treadmill-to-outdoor equivalence is only accurate at paces faster than the 7:09 mph setting (one of the settings used in the experiment). It suggests that the air resistance at slower paces is more minimal since the runner is going more slowly and so the 1% incline only matters more as you go faster. Since you create your own air resistance based on how quickly you run, it makes sense that you need to compensate more the faster you go on a treadmill.

Durrr

Hence why I do so much of my treadmill running at 1% incline and sub-7:00/mi pace!

By the way, RA now seems blocked at work for me. I can only check at home, which I wasn't accustomed to doing every day. So sorry if my presence is a little less.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've heard that when you look at a snowy TV screen something like 1% of the visuals are caused by background radiation from the big bang.

philibusters

I think Perry's actual birthday was last month.