The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

I've heard that when you look at a snowy TV screen something like 1% of the visuals are caused by background radiation from the big bang.

The next message Phil said:  "I think Perry's actual birthday was last month."

Interesting connection.............................

philibusters

I've heard that when you look at a snowy TV screen something like 1% of the visuals are caused by background radiation from the big bang.

TV's in Maryland are digital, but its true for the static on radio

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

Today is August 15th --- meaning that it was exactly 17 years ago today that the first practice of the fall 1997 cross country season was held at SMR. I believe that was the day I met Phil (not to mention Brad, Tom, DJ, and of course Coach E).

philibusters

Today is August 15th --- meaning that it was exactly 17 years ago today that the first practice of the fall 1997 cross country season was held at SMR. I believe that was the day I met Phil (not to mention Brad, Tom, DJ, and of course Coach E).

Yep.  I don't remember what we did that first day, but I think we met in a room in Paschal and he gave us a long talk.

Durrr

The assignment as simply to run for 30 minutes --- and those were the most painful 30 minutes I'd ever known! You see, up to that point I'd never run for more than a maybe a couple minutes at a time. And it was a very hot day. However, at one point during the run Brad came back to me (I was of course majorly trailing everyone else) and gave me the first bit of running advice I ever received:  don't clench your fists as you run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Durrr

A unique spectacle amidst my run through the dank dark this morning:  a total lunar eclipse!

philibusters

Its hard for an object that many million times smaller to block out a much bigger object, but it can be done.  For example, I can block out the moon or sun with my finger if I hold it close enough to my face.  Same with the moon and sun if you get the right angle.

philibusters

Is it around the time of Perry's actual birthday?

Is it around the time of Perry's actual birthday?

He joined a new age group today!

Congrats on joining the new age group! You'll make a lot of people in the 50-59 range sad for the next few years with your dominance. And some in the 40-49 age will rejoice and be glad!

philibusters

He joined a new age group today!

Happy Birthday Perry (belatedly).   Which I saw that yesterday.  Its a big one too cause it ends with a 0.

philibusters

So how does it work, for purposes of the Annapolis striders is Perry 40 or 50?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am in the forties for the Annapolis Champ Series this year. Each race awards age group awards for the race based on the age that day, so I will compete in the 50s for the individual races from now on, but will still be scoring in the series in the forties.  Actually this is how the CBRC Grand Prix works as well.

How is the hamstring, Phil?