The League of Extraordinary Runners

Banter (Read 1523 times)

philibusters

Hamstring is joggable.

Durrr

Thanks to Perry's kayak log post from the other day, I've been clued in to an intriguing (or perhaps scandalous is a better word!) bit of local history that I've never heard of before:

http://www.chesapeakeboating.net/Publications/Chesapeake-Bay-Magazine/2001/July-2001/Ghosting-Past-Tippity-Wichity.aspx

There's a Happyland RD in Valley Lee. I wonder if it has any association (directly or indirectly) with the happenings of ye olde Happie Land.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I cut my foot up pretty badly when my kayak went over in the shoals at Tippity-Wichity. I was wearing flip-flips, and they came off. I recovered them, but they did not protect my foot from whatever was sharp on the bottom. (I just rolled the kayak back up & hopped back up onto & into it, and then kayaked back with water within.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

I cut my foot up pretty badly when my kayak went over in the shoals at Tippity-Wichity. I was wearing flip-flips, and they came off. I recovered them, but they did not protect my foot from whatever was sharp on the bottom. (I just rolled the kayak back up & hopped back up onto & into it, and then kayaked back with water within.)

Yikes, that sucks.   I was recently reading about the people who inhabited Henderson Island out in the Pacific and the author of the piece I was reading wondered how they managed to get around on that island barefoot.

Can you still run?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Can you still run?

Yep; we did our first track meet last night at PHS, and I raced all the distances.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.