The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

Durrr

Phil, the LPR10 is always my guiding goal through September, but circumstances this year have prevented me from training like I used to. Since Chaptico I've lost two weekends of potential training due to being otherwise occupied, and I've only gotten in 2 notable workouts (a 17-mile long run and a mixed tempo and interval session on the treadmill) while my mileage has been very minimal. I definitely don't think I'm going to be in PR shape (though I'm still confident I can break 60:00).

I've actually still not registered yet, as I still don't know whether Liza is continuing her policy of comping people who finished in the open top 3 the previous year. Joe is already signed up, though, so I pretty much have to show up as well.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm going to Metric on that Sunday, but would be interested in the Saturday run.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

philibusters

Sounds good.  Maybe I'll try to run metric as a 20 miler by running four miles before the race.  As long as there is not more than a 5 to 10 minute gap between the end of the warmup and the race, I think its fair to count it as a 20 miler.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Usually Josh & Prasad run some before and after Metric. (They're probably both in training for JFK.)  Regardless, I'm certainly up for it.

Vic is getting stuck timing some race for CBRC down at St Mary's City on Saturday, so I will go help him, if I'm not running long with you at that time, Phil. Have you any thoughts on when you want to run Saturday? Want to help time and run after that?

Joe said he might be able to try to join one of the two days, but it didn't seem clear which one. Hopefully Saturday then.

philibusters

What time is the race?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What time is the race?

Both are at 0800.

Petrucelli is at 0800 Sat, at St Mary's College

Metric is at 0800 Sun, at Southern HS (Anne Arundel).

philibusters

I'll help with the race Saturday then run afterwards  What time do I need to get there by, 7:30?  Ideally we'd be able to start running by a little after 9.

I'll help with the race Saturday then run afterwards  What time do I need to get there by, 7:30?  Ideally we'd be able to start running by a little after 9.

How far are you up for running, Phil?  I'm looking to get 20-30 miles in so we might run a little before the race starts too, unless you want that distance after.

This forum is working (at least for today) at work again, yay!

It's possible, but unlikely I'll meet for the long run on Saturday. I know I can't come close to doing even 16 miles, so am not inclined to make the drive. I encourage you guys to stick to the plan, though, and have a great time!

philibusters

How far are you up for running, Phil?  I'm looking to get 20-30 miles in so we might run a little before the race starts too, unless you want that distance after.

Yeah we can do that.  What time will they need our help.  We could run 4 before the race and 7 after or something like that.  What time would we need to get there 6:50?  7:00?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think 0730 would be plenty early for helping -- even 0745 would be fine.

If you only want 10-15mi, I'd suggest joining in the post-race run only, cause it'd be nice if we can go out to eat afterward.

Joe, you can always ring us if you want to come join at 1000 or something; I try to carry my phone on group runs.

philibusters

I got a solid Lasso workout in last night.  10 X 800 at 2:59 average.  Did it all as one big set, had a 400 recovery jog in between each 800 that probably averaged about 2:04 per recovery jog.   Workout took 51 minutes of consecutive running (30 laps).

Durrr

But you ran two of the 800s with the time stopped/paused?

philibusters

But you ran two of the 800s with the time stopped/paused?

Yeah, I have the cheaper Garmin 110 and its a pain when lapping.  If you look at  the splits 8-10 and 16-18 you can see the 800s I missed.  They were sub-3 minutes though.  I think the last two which were recorded were the fastest 2:56 and 2:48, but 9 out of 10 were sub 3.  I don't remember my exact times for them, most were either 2:59 or 2:58.

I miss my Garmin 205 a lot.

Edit:  I actually have the Forerunner 10, not 110

philibusters

DR are you still doing some runs on the pavement that are not recorded here?