The League of Extraordinary Runners

Upcoming Races (Read 1665 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Really bad runner tracking at Richmond - have to create a crappy raceit account, and still don't get any info and can't find Phil (or Katie Edgar) to track anyway.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Newport News marathon: 15 March

Shamrock marathon: 22 March

Phil said he would run one of these. He'd prefer the Newport News one if they would certify it for Boston qualification. I'm open to running either. I can't make LPRM due to a conflict, but would like to train for something big in the spring to get me motivated. I'll probably sign up for whichever one Phil does.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I really enjoyed going down to visit Phil and run Shamrock. But I'm tempted heavily by B&A Half at end of March, and can't really resist LPRM again...

philibusters

Looks like Newport News Marathon is getting closer to getting certified as they put on their website... For those interested in using this race as a Boston Qualifier, the course has been measured for USATF certification. We will provide the course certification number and maps when we receive them (Approximately January 1, 2015)

Phil, have you officially picked which marathon you're doing? Also, are you coming up for Frozen Heart?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I set the bar not too high for Phil to beat my spring marathon time.

Phil, are you signed up for NN?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Tami is going to USATF Masters Nationals next week. She said her significant competition has aged up to 80s out of her age bracket. She plans to do the HJ and the LJ. She said noone in her age group is signed up for HJ, so she just has to not get injured and clear the first setting and 10 points are hers for the taking. She said she was hoping to practice this week at Patuxent.

I have a suspicion that the men's 40-45 AG will be missing our top low 40s talent, b/c my guess is Lagat won't be there. I don't really know, but I have read that Lagat is entered in Carlsbad 5000 (bills itself as world's fastest road 5K) and it is the end of the month.

I was always terrible at high jump. I pretty much just thrust my back into the bar every time. The actual athletes practice without the bar much of the time.

Lagat is going to single-handedly ruin age grading for that entire age division. Others in the division get slower overnight whenever Lagat sets a record. Strangely in the last few years the 100m and the marathon are the only events where age grading has become harder on the open division.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

While Mo was screwing around with a distance nobody really competes, Genzebe finished out the last major indoor distance, so there has been some movement in women's indoor distance.

G's IAAF indoor WRs

dist

G. eq outdoor rank eq outdoor notes Date Venue Video
                    F1500 3:55.17 12th behind 9 Chinese + 3 others 2014-02-01 Karlsruhe (Europahalle) youtube
                    F3000 8:16.60 4th behind 3 Chinese 2014-02-06 Stockholm (Globe Arena) youtube
                    F5000 14:18.86 3rd behind Meseret & Tirunesh 2015-02-19 Stockholm (Globe Arena) youtube

(Left out 2mi b/c IAAF page doesn't include it)

refs: http://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/middlelong/3000-metres/indoor/women/senior

The Chinese records are so full of s---. The same training group of Chinese women coached by the same person ran 3000m on a track in Beijing on back to back days and broke the record multiple times. Shortly after that they tore down the track in the stadium. While many records are doped, this one appears to be both doped and on an illegal track. It's a shame the records ever got ratified. In my opinion those are the most shameful records on the books.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, Phil, are you running ES6?

philibusters

So, Phil, are you running ES6?

Tentatively no.  If I do I will probably just do it as a long run.  I was pretty excited about it after the VA24 hour run, but less so now due to a bunch of injuries that have contributed to me losing some fitness.  Plus its an injury waiting to happen to me.

On the other hand, I am definitely interested in the John Wall Mile, Metric Marathon, and maybe the LPR 10 (depending on how that fits into my Richmond Marathon schedule.

When is Metric?

I'm tentatively on board to do a few track series races, Chaptico Classic, LPR10, and the Baltimore Half. I hope LPR10 and the Baltimore Half don't conflict. If I do them both my focus would be on LPR10 as a fast run and B13.1 as a long run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I need to get the LPR10 date from Liza. I just did enough research to produce this list:

(Annapolis) All Comers Wed Eve Track meets: Jun 10, 17, 24
                              (CBRC) Tue Eve Track meets: Jul 30,
                              (Annapolis) Dawsons 10K, Sun, Jun 21
                              (Annapolis) Wall Mile, Sat, Jul 18
                              (Annapolis) ES6, Sat, Jul 25
                              (Annapolis) Dog Days 8K Cross-Country, Sun, Aug 2
                              Chaptico Classic 5K & 10K, Sat, Aug 29
                              (Annapolis) Metric Mara, Sun, Oct 4
                              Baltimore Mara & Half, Sat, Oct 17
                              (Annapolis) Downs Park, Sat, Nov 7
                              (Annapolis) Rosaryville 50K, Sat, Nov 14

Or I now have all of these on my "Southern Maryland Racing" google calendar:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vi0j9hs0d51pioddmkoabuo96s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York&mode=AGENDA

That was very helpful; thank you.