The League of Extraordinary Runners

Training (Read 5242 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't forget your long run this weekend, Phil. I got my mileage in today.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Durrr

A breezy 5k victory and nigh 50k worth of mileage accounts for a solid Saturday.

philibusters

Don't forget your long run this weekend, Phil. I got my mileage in today.

My long run fizzled.  Joe do you want to join me for part of my long run on Friday July 4th.  Didn't want to put it on the fourth, but I figure I'll make bad diet choices on the 4th and get to sleep late so the 5th is not a good choice, on the fifth I anticipate drinking some that night, so the 6th is not a good choice, so the 4th it is.

I can do the 4th. I think meeting at 8:30 or 9am is ideal for me. When/where are you thinking?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice long run this morning, Phil.

philibusters

I can do the 4th. I think meeting at 8:30 or 9am is ideal for me. When/where are you thinking?

Okay, lets do a long run this Friday.  Does three notch south sound good.  I'll probably aim to start at around 7:30, so I should complete two of the four laps by about 8:50.  I'm probably looking to take a two minute or so water break stop after each 5.2 mile lap.  I may jog around the parking lot or do something to get the total to 21 miles rather than the 20.8 miles four laps would equal.

philibusters

DR what are you training for.  Your mileage has been down since you came back from your week off after Crofton.

Durrr

The Chaptico Classic 10k is of course the goal on the horizon, but I'm still working toward reclaiming the old (pre-marathon) running regularity and rhythm. Post-marathon malaise and subsequent injury/injury recovery put something of a dent in my drive. Furthermore, in recent weeks I've been compelled to devote my time more to areas apart from running. But, unlike last year, I do hope to make a couple track series appearances.

philibusters

I have had my own malaise since the fourth of July weekend.  I am pretty sure I will be last year's effort at the 6 hour run, but I am starting to have doubts about setting a personal record.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't believe in cramming for ES6 the weekend before, but apparently everybody else does...

Angus ran 14mi yesterday before the mile race. He's doing ES6 again this year.

Jay Clarke planned to run long this morning.

Phil ran long this morning, I see, at a pretty good pace, and a bit faster at the end.

philibusters

Its not idea, but I decided I needed another long run even if it is too close to the race.

The Chaptico Classic 10k is of course the goal on the horizon, but I'm still working toward reclaiming the old (pre-marathon) running regularity and rhythm. Post-marathon malaise and subsequent injury/injury recovery put something of a dent in my drive. Furthermore, in recent weeks I've been compelled to devote my time more to areas apart from running. But, unlike last year, I do hope to make a couple track series appearances.

No DR, no Joe at the track this year - everybody else in St. Mary's and Calvert County was there.  One more chance next week.

philibusters

Anybody want to do an evening run on Sunday August 30th or a long run on Monday  the following day (18 miles)?  That Monday is Labor Day so people may have it off.

I'll be out of town that weekend. Sorry!

philibusters

I'll be out of town that weekend. Sorry!

I have a bad feeling the Rapps will also be out of town.