Ultra Runners

Pb Stupidity (Read 1042 times)

Kalsarikännit

How long will everyone be in Colorado?  While talking to A1 about the beer mile, we decided that the absolutly worst idea ever would be to attempt a beer mile on the Monday after the race.  He will have raced 100 miles.  I will have run 50, plus I am planning on climbing a 14'er that morning.  It is above 10,000 ft.  On top of it, we decided the can of choice should be a Colorado beer...Old Chub!  8% Scotch Ale.

Purdey, DB, cgerber, HoosierDaddy, possible pacers Scovill and Obsessor, any lurkers...  This will be the greatest (possibly slowest and ugliest) beer mile of all time.  Any takers? 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I may be leaving that day.  Would have to be a breakfast beer mile for me.  The beer choice is making me queasy thinking about it after running 5 miles tonight.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)
      DoppleBock

out

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Words can't begin to describe how much I would like to be there for this...

xor

I think it might be worth coming to CO (though I can't count to 100) just to see folks working on Old Chub.

out

There goes the favorite.

And make sure you have a significant elevation change and some technical terrain for the course.  Maybe find some stream crossings also.

You don't want this to be too easy.

DoppleBock

I know reality - I am old and will injure myself.

I take a long time to heal  

There goes the favorite.

And make sure you have a significant elevation change and some technical terrain for the course.  Maybe find some stream crossings also.

You don't want this to be too easy.

Oh. My. 

I'm perversely drawn to this idea for some odd reason...

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Do they have a track in town?  4 laps, 4 beers correct?  there is beer mile website somewhere that has "rules" I believe.

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

www.beermile.com Kingston rules say that the beer has to be 5%. That is all. No track is necessary. I think A1 said he didn't think they had one. We can measure a road loop. We will be accustomed to trails at that point. They will be too easy. Smile

DB...it is a mile for crying out loud. DBTFU

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

It seems only appropriate that it be an uphill mile... being Leadville and all that. 

Also, Leadville is at about 10,500'.  And Oskar Blues makes a ABV 10.5% beer called TenFidy.  Coincidence?  It seems like it was destined to be...

http://www.oskarblues.com/the-brews/ten-fidy

DoppleBock

I can not half-ass a beer mile - So I would have to give 100%.  This would results in a 80% chance of injury.

Now if you want to hold it Sunday afternoon / evening after I am half in the bag - I might be able to join.  Finish Leadville @ 4:00am.  Nice long nap, get up really stiff - head to the saloon - get loosened up for 4-5 hours - Beer mile.   By Monday I will likely need a piggy back ride I will be so stiff.

Just saying.

www.beermile.com Kingston rules say that the beer has to be 5%. That is all. No track is necessary. I think A1 said he didn't think they had one. We can measure a road loop. We will be accustomed to trails at that point. They will be too easy. Smile

DB...it is a mile for crying out loud. DBTFU

DoppleBock

Since we seem to be modifying the rules ... not being on a track makes the penalty lap hard, but we could add pushups or maybe a 10 rotation bat spin or something as a penalty.

It seems only appropriate that it be an uphill mile... being Leadville and all that. 

Also, Leadville is at about 10,500'.  And Oskar Blues makes a ABV 10.5% beer called TenFidy.  Coincidence?  It seems like it was destined to be...

http://www.oskarblues.com/the-brews/ten-fidy

Oh, this would be post-race.  The race is over by 10:00am Sunday...one way or another.  Smile

WrigleyGirl:  and DBTFU.  I  LOL'd. 

DoppleBock

I smiled at her snarkiness - But I am tired of fighting injuries, so not for too long.

I think in the spirit of a team ultra activity we could add some distance to the race and make it a team event.

Oh, this would be post-race.  The race is over by 10:00am Sunday...one way or another.  Smile

WrigleyGirl:  and DBTFU.  I  LOL'd.