Ultra Runners

Garmin and longer races (Read 123 times)

Ojo

Congrats to you too!  It was a great day.  I had a blast!

Congrats Ojo! I was there too, sorry we didn't get to meet, though I'm sure we saw each other many, many, many times.

Sara

MM #2929

old woman w/hobby

I ordered one but I seem to be having an issue that I am not sure how to deal with.  When I plug my Garmin in the charger, the screen reads "saving activity" and then goes in to recharge mode.  The timer is stopped and not recording any further information.  I have the Garmin 210, which shouldn't be too different from the 310.  Confused

Thanks in advance!

Funny.  I bought one (a scosche) and used it in April with my 310 at Umstead.  It worked just fine.  Loved it.

How ever, when I used it last week for my 24 hour race It didn't work as well.  When I attached it to my watch

the watch turned it self off.  Wouldn't turn back on even when I disconnected the charger.  Since I did get the

charging sign when I re-connected the charger I went with that not wanting to waste any more time.  The watch

charged but I lost the charging distance/ time from my watch.  I'm not sure if it was my fault, the charger or the watch.  

I might have just been too tired and out of it by that time.  

I will try it again next race.

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

valerienv

Thread killer ..

My 305 is near death , I have this set-up which works with a pack . The charger came from Wal-Mart for $17.99 and it says it gives 100 hours of batter power . Your can tape or zip tie your watch to the charging bay , put the charger in a pack pocket , buckle the watch to a strap .

NNutr

I've used this with my 305 & 310.  At a race I used it to charge my Garmin 310 & iphone.

http://www.carolinannutrs.com/goal-zero-switch-8-portable-recharger/