Ultra Runners

London to Brighton 56 mile (Read 360 times)

Myself and two friends have been training up for the London to Brighton trail race on 20th September 2009 for a few good months now and have just entered the tapering stage of our training. All plans agreed, maps dusted off and compasses cleaned and ready for action.

The route has been roughly drawn up by a fellow competitor but all Garmins have been banned (apart from pacing), it will be nigh on impossible to map it Garmin it as parts of it are wooded and/or permissive paths...can't wait

London to Brighton Route

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Into the wild

Good luck matey..

tell me, have they done away with the nasty cut-off times?

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

Excellent!  I can't wait to read a full report!  Best wishes to you and your friends...

I'm right behind you on the taper...this is the last hard week before my next race on the 25th.

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Cheers Guys

Cut off times are still there and pretty tight towards the end especially if something goes awry in the middle. I don't want to put my times up yet but we have had a team meeting and decided on achievable targets. The earlier start will make it a little easier towards the end when it comes to light.

It is pretty cool this year as the finish is on the seafront and part of the Extreme Sports Festival

Jerry

...---...

Sounds delightfully brutal.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I'm right behind you on the taper...this is the last hard week before my next race on the 25th.

Bear?

Good luck at London to Brighton, Jerry!!  I can't wait to read about it!

You'll ruin your knees!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Yeth

Sweet...see you there! 

Good luck, Jerry!  Can't wait to read your report.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

You'll ruin your knees!

the countdown begins!!!!!!   Gooooo Jerry!  Can't wait to read all about it!

That is it, training over having completed a lovely 7 mile slow paced run tonight....time to carb load

Jerry

You'll ruin your knees!

That is it, training over having completed a lovely 7 mile slow paced run tonight....time to carb load

... don't forget the meat.. protien early in the week is good, after all, you are a tiger! 

...and sleep a lot!

Best of luck,

Lynn B