Ultra Runners

Ultra-running in the Boston area (Read 227 times)

Hi Folks,

I'm moving to the Boston area in a week and am interested in meeting up with some new ultra-folks for training runs.  Anyone out there??  I'm currently training for Wasatch and hoping to do a number of trips to Mount Washington over the next few months also.  Perhaps a Presidential Traverse or two..

~David

You'll ruin your knees!

Can't really help with Boston area trail running contacts, but I will say that Mt Washington should be great for prep!  One thing you may want to consider is that it can get nasty hot at Wasatch... it may be advisable to figure out how to get some good heat training done prior to heading out West.  Best of luck!

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

jeffdonahue

Where in the Boston area are you moving to?

Can't really call myself an ultra-runner yet, but there are some nice trails in the Stoneham/Medford area (Lynn Fells Conservation Area) that I train in sometimes.  That is just north of Boston.

Hopefully I will be training for my first ultra this Fall.  If that does become the case (need the okay from the wife for the training that will be required) then I'd love to get together for a run later in the year.

Jeff