Ultra Runners

Pine to Palm - Inaugural Running (Read 299 times)

Anybody trying to follow the P2P action in Oregon?  Hal Koerner is the race director.  Three of my friends are running, as is a local guy.

There are supposed to be live updates on the website, but they've been running for over 9 hours and no updates.

http://www.ultralive.net/p2p100/webcast

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

Gumbee is running it.

Yeah, their updates suck.

At least 3 other friends are there.  Two of them ran Cascade Crest (another 100) 3 weeks ago.  The third paced for 50 of that race.

It seems that the weather down there is not pretty.

So irritating there is now results!

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Sara - I'm not seeing any results.  Confused  The last updated I find is from around between 10:30 and 11:00 yesterday morning.  They must've had a breakdown with their communications.

If the rain is like here, it's been off and on from a drizzle to a  steady, if that makes sense.  Not pouring at any point, but definitely annoying.  Would really suck to be enduring it during the nighttime hours.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

OOPS! Mean NO results. I have heard the weather was pretty bad.

So irritating there is now results!

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

So irritating there is no results!

No foolin!  I just went through this with Ultralive.net when someone I know just ran her first 100 at Cascade Crest.  It was frustrating not knowing if she was rocking it, or had fallen off a cliff.  You wouldn't believe what she put us through.

Gumbee looks to be number 16.  I hope he is done, satisfied with his result and having a well deserved beer right about now.

I don't know why I am still surprised to see Monica Scholz' racing another 100.  I should be more surprised when I find a 100 that she ISN'T racing.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

You wouldn't believe what she put us through.

Yall just didn't know who to ask.

I haven't heard from any of my P2P friends.  I did, however, spend the day clearing gnarly trails with a CC100 finisher who ran something called the "Plain 100" last week.  Plain is something else.

I will remain a spectator and/or helper outer for these events that require more than two digits.

Waiting impatiently for results.  Evil

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

My friend who was running it dropped at 41 miles, in the cold pouring rain.  She said it sucked (the weather).  Bummer. :-(

A lot of people dropped at Mile 36 - the Stein Butte Aid Station.  I haven't heard Word One from my friend who was there to pace Kate during the night.  It must've rained a lot harder there than it did here.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

xor

One acquaintance just posted on fb that she finished in 31+ hours and it rained the whole time.  Dang.  Now, she's not a front of the pack burner, but 31 hours doing ANYTHING... especially in the rain... is pretty hardcore.

Fred Garvin, what say you?

~Sara

xor

Cool.  Terry #10, Jess #5, Allison #7, Van #8.

Jess #5.  Damn.

BTW, I do not know Darla Askew, though I see her name in tons of results.  Always trips me up because I worked with a wholly different Darla Askew when I was a teenager.  Ha.

Kalsarikännit

"A couple of people went home (in the middle of the race) without telling us. But now everyone is accounted for, and safe," Koerner said.

Who the heck does this?  Wouldn't you think by the time you have moved up to the 100 mile distance that you would know better?  There is nothing like sending search and rescue after a guy who is at home taking a nap with the ball game on.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

"A couple of people went home (in the middle of the race) without telling us. But now everyone is accounted for, and safe," Koerner said.

Who the heck does this?  Wouldn't you think by the time you have moved up to the 100 mile distance that you would know better?  There is nothing like sending search and rescue after a guy who is at home taking a nap with the ball game on.

Crap Me and another guy got off trail Sunday and we still made sure we didn't leave until we found the other 3 guys (they looked for us for a few then remembered that Ron had a map so they just went to the finish where we already were) and that was just a  "short" training run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson