Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

No, no, no.  I didn't run Bandera.  I was at home fighting my way through a 9.5 mile "long" run.  I wish I was there there.  It killed me.  I love, love, love that race.

Crap, I did the same thing as Hoosier, looked at last years' results. See you all in May. 

After just a couple days it's almost half full! Don't procrastinate.

Mary Ann is in for the HM too.  

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay!  It is such a beautiful course.  Please make some time to hang out after the race.  The food is really good and there is a ton of good beer.  Everybody hangs out and socializes.  It is always freezing after the race, so bring some warm layers.

Hey!  Speaking of cheeseheads and Cassies, did anyone see that Cassie Scallon won Bandera?  Wisconsin girl went into a Montrail Ultra Cup race and beat some really, really good runners.  Very cool.

MTA:  Grammar and punctuation.  What a mess.

You had me at "a ton of good beer"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jjameson

Yay!  It is such a beautiful course.  Please make some time to hang out after the race.  The food is really good and there is a ton of good beer.  Everybody hangs out and socializes.  It is always freezing after the race, so bring some warm layers.

Hey!  Speaking of cheeseheads and Cassies, did anyone see that Cassie Scallon won Bandera?  Wisconsin girl went into a Montrail Ultra Cup race and beat some really, really good runners.  Very cool.

MTA:  Grammar and punctuation.  What a mess.

I met Cassie at Hellgate in December.  She backed out at the last minute because of a stomach bug -- vomiting and diarrhea.  I loved her interview on irunfar.  "I don't have any schedule, I just run what I feel like .... I haven't run anything longer than 20 miles since JFK".  The other girls better watch out when she does some disciplined training, she's got a lot of natural ability! 

jjameson

Did Ice Age last year.  Love the course.  Had to walk the last 5 miles with a bad knee.    I'll have to go back and get my vengeance some time.  This year I'm doing Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City, Michigan -- try to get 3 hours--at the end of May.  I'll sneak in a Chippewa 50k at the end of April.

DoppleBock

Cassie has the 50k and 50M course records at Glacial 50M

Another great WI running - Andrea Metz - Wausau WI ~ 21:13 at LEadville 100M

It must be something about being female and from WI ~ I would think it would make a lot of sense for WG to move to the magical state. 

I met Cassie at Hellgate in December.  She backed out at the last minute because of a stomach bug -- vomiting and diarrhea.  I loved her interview on irunfar.  "I don't have any schedule, I just run what I feel like .... I haven't run anything longer than 20 miles since JFK".  The other girls better watch out when she does some disciplined training, she's got a lot of natural ability! 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

It must be something about being female and from WI ~ I would think it would make a lot of sense for WG to move to the magical state. 

Impossible.  I can't burp the alphabet.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TripleBock

I am confident you could be trained.

I am more worried about how you would look in deer hunt'n orange at Da Packers game 

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

jjameson

She'd look great with that big yellow cheesehead.  All the wisconsin girls do.

Finally registered. Let's hope for the same weather as last year. Couldn't have asked for better conditions!
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

training...

Oh roo roooo!

Finally registered. Let's hope for the same weather as last year. Couldn't have asked for better conditions!

Never mind--the comment I originally posted was regarding the Crusty 50K last year, race brainlock, sorry....

Oh roo roooo!

Per the Badgerland Striders site, the 50 miler is sold out already; however, they do have a wait list going.

DoppleBock

I am committing myself to a race June 2nd and not running Ice Age

Maybe I will come and volunteer - It will be up to the Mrs DB as it is Mother's day weekend. 

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I am committing myself to a race June 2nd and not running Ice Age

Maybe I will come and volunteer - It will be up to the Mrs DB as it is Mother's day weekend. 

Good thing - they are all sold out already.

• Black Canyon 100k
                              • RRR
                              • Zane Grey 100k
                              • High Lonesome 100
                              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                              • The Bear 100
                              • Javelina Jundred (?)
                              DoppleBock

Nice - One less thing to worry about.

The year is rounding into shape ~ plan for slacking is really coming together! 

Good thing - they are all sold out already.