Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 1630 times)

xor

I will not be coming to Ice Age.

Holy shit.

Kalsarikännit

I will not be coming to Ice Age.

Holy shit.

So this means you are pacing at Keys 100?  That sounds like a pretty sweet job.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

I know 4 people who applied for Badwater. At least 3 got in (I'll find out about the 4th this morning). That ratio was unexpected.  Anyway, lots of cool cascading effects on schedules.  Righteeo.

Edited to add: no, I know 5 people who applied.  All 5 got in.  I thought Badwater was supposed to be badass hard to get into.  I know they raised the entry fee by like 200 bucks... maybe that cut down on the applicant pool or something.

But this is a thread about Ice Age.

corland

Anyone have lodging ideas or previous experiences?  good/bad?

DoppleBock

East Troy is where I think I am going to stay - $82 Country inn & suites

Anyone have lodging ideas or previous experiences?  good/bad?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Acceleration toward closure has begun

Yesterday am = 92 spots left

This AM = 62 spots left

Kalsarikännit

Acceleration toward closure has begun

Yesterday am = 92 spots left

This AM = 62 spots left

I have been checking it out every day.  I am trying to get Zach to register, but he loves waiting until the last minute.

For being a Montrail Ultra Cup race with the top two spots going to WSER, there are no elite runners in yet.  Very weird.  I heard through the rumor mill that Dave Mackey was going to race it.  Everyone better get their ass in gear.  (Then again, the less of "them" that appear, the better I look...haha).

DoppleBock

6 hours later - 40 spots left

DoppleBock

I guess you and Christine will have to represent out elite ladies 

I have been checking it out every day.  I am trying to get Zach to register, but he loves waiting until the last minute.

For being a Montrail Ultra Cup race with the top two spots going to WSER, there are no elite runners in yet.  Very weird.  I heard through the rumor mill that Dave Mackey was going to race it.  Everyone better get their ass in gear.  (Then again, the less of "them" that appear, the better I look...haha).

Kalsarikännit

I just saw Christine is in.  Bad news:  There's another woman finishing in front of me.  Good news:  She is cool and fun to drink with after the race.

And seriously, who the hell are you calling elite?  I'm not close.  My best shot is to keep my times steady over the years so I can be an elite grand-grand masters runner.

DoppleBock

Hmmm

What place did you finish for women in the last 2 National Championship races you ran ...

This time when she will not let me pass her at mile 37 - I will carry a big paddle to smack her ass ...  Just kidding.  It will not likely be an issue this year.

I just saw Christine is in.  Bad news:  There's another woman finishing in front of me.  Good news:  She is cool and fun to drink with after the race.

And seriously, who the hell are you calling elite?  I'm not close.  My best shot is to keep my times steady over the years so I can be an elite grand-grand masters runner.

Kalsarikännit

Hmmm

What place did you finish for women in the last 2 National Championship races you ran ...

You are right.  I lost the last champ (100k trail) by a miniscule four and a half hours.  If only I hadn't stopped for that extra cup of gatorade...

I'd rather be a middle of the packer.  We're more fun.  You never see the elites telling volunteers dirty jokes at the aid stations and having a beer after the race.

xor

Out and proud, get used to it.

DoppleBock

15 spots left

DoppleBock

Sold out