Ultra Runners

Shoes for Pronators (Read 44 times)

When I got back into running in 2011 after almost 6 mos off due to injury, I transitioned from Mizunos for road and trail to Inov8 Road X-238 and Roclite 268.  They're very comfortable and I love the wide toe box as every since I switched, I rarely  have blister issues.

Unfortunately, I am now having AT tendonitis issues because of minor pronation.  I have had custom orthotics made, but if I could find shoes to correct the problem, I'd rather change me shoes.  I could spend endless hours reading about all the shoes and their recommendations, but I thought I'd come in here first and see if there are any suggestions.  I'm female and wear a 10.5, which has always been an issue finding in the Inov8.

So looking for a women's trail running shoe to help with minor pronation and with a wide toe box.  Any suggestions?

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Montrail Mountain Masochists?

Running is dumb.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Asics Gel Attack or Adidas Response( did great on the creek crossings)

10.5 women = 8.5 men

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Saucony Xodus 3 technically is neutral (no pronation devices), but the shoe is more supportive than Adrenaline ASRs which are stability. I don't think I've worn them for over 3 hrs at a time. I used to be a major overpronator, but PT worked with me on foot and ankle strengthening. Depending upon why you overpronate, PT might be worth checking out. Orthotics are generally for structural issues, PT for functional issues.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

I've been going to PT for the tendonitis.  She has me doing specific stretches, but no strength training work for the ankles or feet.  I have an appt today and will inquire.  I'm not a severe overpronator, but she also said my arches were a tad high.  The orthos are custom from them and I'm trying to get used to them.  I'd just rather wear different shoes, if I can.

Will look into the suggestions provided so far.  Thanks, folks.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance