Ultra Runners

24hr track ultras (Read 151 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Anyone done one? Planning to do one? Especially interested in UK events.

mbk

I did one here in the states, Ultracentric. But a couple of years ago they moved it off the track and onto some roads. I liked the track, it was easy to lose yourself and just keep going. Plus plenty of opportunities for aid, potty, etc. Takes some discipline and planning to not stop at the aid tent too often. I'd consider doing another one someday. What event are you thinking of?
      Purdey

Self anointed title

I did one here in the states, Ultracentric. But a couple of years ago they moved it off the track and onto some roads. I liked the track, it was easy to lose yourself and just keep going. Plus plenty of opportunities for aid, potty, etc. Takes some discipline and planning to not stop at the aid tent too often. I'd consider doing another one someday. What event are you thinking of?
        Hey MBK! Great performance in your 24hr (I peaked a look). 100m+ is absolutely awesome. I'm planning to run the Sri Chinmoy self transcendence 24hr track ultra in London in Oct 09 - places are very limited (40 I think) and you need to have proof of previous experience to stand a chance of a place. I've run a couple of trail marathons. I've got another in Oct, I'm then going to build on that with a 50 mile in Feb 09 and perhaps a 100k trail sometime next summer. I imagine the temptation to stop at your aid station is very strong - given that you pass it some 400 times (!)