Ultra Runners

The Rocky Raccoon and Bandera thread (Read 769 times)

Kalsarikännit

Unfortunately, I am out for Bandera.  I got canned from my job for going to Nepal, and since it is pretty cheap to live here (and it is awesome), I haven't set any plans for my return back home.

Bummer.  I love that race.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

L Train

Unfortunately, I am out for Bandera.  I got canned from my job for going to Nepal, and since it is pretty cheap to live here (and it is awesome), I haven't set any plans for my return back home.

How you doin?

Kalsarikännit

How you doin?

Come out here and find out.  I'll buy you a Nepal Ice.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm out for Bandera.  The mouse won.

Disney over Joe Prusaitis. Sigh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jpdeaux

I think I'm going to Katmandu.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I wanna be like WrigleyGirl!

Sounds like you're having a great time. Will miss you at Bandera.

Already thinking ahead to Hawthorn, maybe.

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

Disney over Joe Prusaitis. Sigh.

Couldn't be helped.  Joe is going to get plenty of quality time with me over the next few years anyhoo. Including in Feb.

As for Nepal, DAAAAAAAANG.  That right there is cool.  Transformative and stuff. (though sorry about the job)

You'll ruin your knees!

Wrigs???

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Liz

pace sera, sera

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Are you kidding - Nepal???  That is awesome.  One way ticket!

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)

I just have to figure out a way to get down there...

There might be an extra seat or two in a certain black truck. Do you need to reserve a place to camp or is there room at the start/finish - etc?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Are you kidding - Nepal???  That is awesome.  One way ticket!

Seriously. Hope you are having a fun time, WG.

I'd love to come hang out, but I was recently canned for just thinking about going to Nepal, so I'd better hang back.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

There might be an extra seat or two in a certain black truck. Do you need to reserve a place to camp or is there room at the start/finish - etc?

awww, thanks Bonk!  I meant I have to figure out a way to get a kitchen pass to go down there!  Not likely, rough time of the year for work/home. 

You don't need to reserve a place, it is pretty much an open field and you can grab a spot anywhere.  I would suggest that you get as close to the outside fence as possible... drive in as far as they will let you and turn either right or left (right is the better direction if you can...) and go to the fence at the edge of the field.  You will be less likely to have porta-potty traffic through your campsite and it will be a bit quieter.   

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Kalsarikännit

awww, thanks Bonk!  I meant I have to figure out a way to get a kitchen pass to go down there!  Not likely, rough time of the year for work/home. 

You don't need to reserve a place, it is pretty much an open field and you can grab a spot anywhere.  I would suggest that you get as close to the outside fence as possible... drive in as far as they will let you and turn either right or left (right is the better direction if you can...) and go to the fence at the edge of the field.  You will be less likely to have porta-potty traffic through your campsite and it will be a bit quieter.   

And watch out for all the horse crap.

DoppleBock

WG

Happy to hear you are doing well ... Don't smile too much!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !