Ultra Runners

Michigan Ultra in August in jeopardy (Read 309 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

The Marquette Trail 50 mile/50k (Marquette, Michigan) on August 20 may have to be canceled if they don't get some more signups soon. Check it out, looks nice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Shoot...

This one's been on my list, but the timing has never been good for me. This year, it's a week before Cascade Crest. :-(

Liz

pace sera, sera

DoppleBock

Same weekend as Leadville.  I sure hope not

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

I want to do it.

I even have an open weekend.

But... well, I don't want to sign up and arrange travel... and then have them pull the plug.

Tough situation.

jjameson

I'm the RD.  The sad truth is that registrations have been quite low up to this point.  Only 23 up till now.  It's suprises me since most ultras are filling early.  The course is a good challenging course and it seems that runners have been happy with the race in the past.  However, the amount of runners I'm on track for will not cover expenses including permits from the city, DNR, as well as awards, food, etc.  (Even the last two years with about 65 registrations I've been out a total of about $1000). 

However, I've had such a good response (not from people signing up, but from those who have registered) that I'm leaning toward having the race, maybe with scaled down awards, and relatively spartan aid stations depending on how many eventually signup.

Joe

jjameson

In case anyone is interested, the race is ON!

Jjameson

Imminent Catastrophe

I'd like to do that if I can get my miles back up. Yay!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

I want to do this race, but I will be in Leadville. If people are hearing rumors that it may be cancelled they naturally would be hesitant to register. It might not be a bad idea to post on Ultralist what you just told us. Plus more people will end up finding out about the race. I hope you end up with a ton of happy runners!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

Post it on www.indianatrailrunning.com too. There's nothing on the events calendar for that weekend yet.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum