Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 719 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Country in and Suites in East Troy

Anyone else staying here?  

Yes! DW is running the HM. BTW I could use a lift to the start if anyone has room (DW will bring the car later for her race).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Yes! DW is running the HM. BTW I could use a lift to the start if anyone has room (DW will bring the car later for her race).

I can give you a lift.  I am not sure what time I will arrive yet on Friday evening but will touch base in advance.  

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)
      DoppleBock

So - The ladies - I read a report that sounds like Christine Crawford is running well - Just broke the CR at Double Chubb 50k - even with going off course for awhile.  I know nothing about Jill Perry - But she would not come to WI unless she is gunning for a top 2 spot to get into Western States - I would guess her sponsors also would like a few good showings.

So we have Cassie Scallon ~ Hip injury, will it be OK 3 weeks post 100k WC?  Jill Perry - No idea what shape she is in,  Sandi Nypaver - Returning winner, Christine Crawford ~ Smart and back in shape on her home course,  Denise Bourassa with enough speed and experience to be in the mix ....... Anyone else???

I am going to assume if Cassie had to DNF at mile 20 of 100k WC she is injured and not running.  If she was in top shape I would not bet against her.

1.  Sandi Nypaver

2.  Christine Crawford (After CR at Double Chubb)

3.  Jill Perry

4.  Denise Bourassa

Wild Card ~ Cassie Scallon.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

WG - Ice Age Kolsch has been bottled.  Smile    I tasted a sample and it is pretty good, maybe just a little sweet but still plenty strong.  Probably could have stayed in fermenter another couple days but I didn't want to risk it not being carbonated in time.  There will be plenty of home brew available for all!

DoppleBock

A week after her Double Chubb 50k course record (4/21) Crawford set the Chilli Chipewa 50k course record (4/28)

On her home course she will be in the money - Top 2 ~ But I still have Sandi for the repeat win and Christine 2nd.

DoppleBock

Beer is evil

Kalsarikännit

Beer is evil

But beer at Ice Age is oh, so good.  But you won't get any.  More for me.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

WG - Ice Age Kolsch has been bottled.  Smile   

Nice try, bub.  You already granted me naming rights and I decided on Yellow Blaze Kolsch.  (Flatfooter disclosed that he doesn't name his beers!  Shocked  That would be the best part.)  I am excited to try it.  Based on how great the saison was, I'm guessing this will be another winner.

A yellow blaze and a darned pretty trail.

Beer is evil

Hah, coming from the guy with a handle of DoppleBock!  Big grin

jjameson

A week after her Double Chubb 50k course record (4/21) Crawford set the Chilli Chipewa 50k course record (4/28)

On her home course she will be in the money - Top 2 ~ But I still have Sandi for the repeat win and Christine 2nd.

I ran with Christine for a few miles at Chippewa and she said the was taking it easy.  She was walking some of the hills so I believe her.

Kalsarikännit

Do you guys want to meet up and eat together at the pasta dinner the night before the race?  It is better than the average pasta feed.  (It is held at a real restaurant.)

Nice try, bub.  You already granted me naming rights and I decided on Yellow Blaze Kolsch.  (Flatfooter disclosed that he doesn't name his beers!  Shocked  That would be the best part.)  I am excited to try it.  Based on how great the saison was, I'm guessing this will be another winner.

Hopefully the beer lives up to it's name Big grin.  Either way, I'll bring plenty for anyone that wants some!  DB, not that beer is endangered in WI, but we'll have plenty if you decide to drop in.

xor

I love the name 'bub'.

DoppleBock

I blame you ... Thank you

I was feeling pretty low from bad eating etc over weekend.  It was gloomy and overcast and I was not looking forward to grinding out a long run on the rail trail or TM ~ then you posted this ... I had a blast on the Ice Age trail last night ... well worth the 1 hour each way investment in driving.

FWIW, Pope ran Promise Land last weekend. It appears from the results and what I've heard around here is he hit the wall. Not sure about recovery and motivation for IA50 but I've never not seen him try to run at the front.

Sandi has been living in CO over the last year and I imagine she's ready.