Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 719 times)

DoppleBock

If Cassie was not injured - I think it would be a great race between the 2.

Christine is running very strong ~ Maybe over-racing a little bit.  But she does not have the top end speed of Sandi or Cassie.  But she will run a great consistent race and I predict a 7:30-7:35 for Christine.  I just think Sandi will run a 7:15-7:20 this year.

Sometimes hitting the wall ~ blowing up ~ what ever you want to call it is much better than killing it ~ killing it means you body gave you everythign you asked of it without refusal and that takes a deep toll.  Hitting the wall is your body shutting you down and not letting you push it to the limits.  I think he will be ready.

FWIW, Pope ran Promise Land last weekend. It appears from the results and what I've heard around here is he hit the wall. Not sure about recovery and motivation for IA50 but I've never not seen him try to run at the front.

Sandi has been living in CO over the last year and I imagine she's ready.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Country in and Suites in East Troy

Anyone else staying here?  

I am staying there too!

I am staying there too!

Me too.  Unfortunately I have dropped down from the 50 mile to the 50K due to a nasty tooth infection that interrupted my training.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

xor

Cassie is going too???

Why did I not sign up.  Sigh.

Kalsarikännit

nasty tooth infection 

You need to kill off the evil bacreria/germy bad things that do the infecting.  Alcohol does that.  I recommend post race beer.

Yay!  Another RA'er there!!!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm confused. Is the tooth on your foot?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

LOL!  Uhm, well, no, the tooth is not on my foot.  Unfortunately I've been on 4 different antibiotics in the past month and also had my first root canal. That was fun. Yesterday the dentist put a hole in my gum to clean out under the tooth. That was even more fun until they stopped the nitrous oxide.  I'm trying to give my poor body a little break.  Running has been extremely difficult over the last month. Blah.

The alcohol approach sounds like a good one. Surely it won't mess up my tummy as much as the antibiotics have.

SR, you are supposed to be at all my ultras.  Now what am I supposed to do?!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

xor

Go that way.  Really fast.

If something gets in your way, turn.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Arnstein ran Miwok this weekend... It's been done before (redpath) but can't imagine him crushing IA50 after Miwok effort.

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)
                    DoppleBock

Tic Toc - Almost time

Weather looks reasonable - With all the rain WI has had - Trail will be soft and might me a bit muddy ... but most of it drains really well - So I do not think it will be much of an issue.

I am planning the Anti-Ice Age run on the Glacial 50M trail - 6:30 am start for 4-6 hours.

Kalsarikännit

Tic Toc - Almost time

Weather looks reasonable - With all the rain WI has had - Trail will be soft and might me a bit muddy ... but most of it drains really well - So I do not think it will be much of an issue.

I am planning the Anti-Ice Age run on the Glacial 50M trail - 6:30 am start for 4-6 hours.

"Blah, blah, blah..."

Let's get to the point.  What time are we going to see you at Ice Age?  Flatfooter made beer.  Help him out.  I'm sure he will be tired after the race and dragging the extra unconsumed beer back to the car and back into his house will be exhausting.  Be a pal.

Tic Toc - Almost time

Yes, temperature maybe a bit warmer than last year but normal for this time of year.  Let the tweaking begin.  Every nagging injury is now flaring up off and on, but especially my nagging IT Band.  This week will be focused on staying loose.

"Blah, blah, blah..."

Let's get to the point.  What time are we going to see you at Ice Age?  Flatfooter made beer.  Help him out.  I'm sure he will be tired after the race and dragging the extra unconsumed beer back to the car and back into his house will be exhausting.  Be a pal.

Yup, plus drinking beer is necessary after a run on the Ice Age trail.  If you have to drink beer anyway, why not enjoy it with a few RAers?

DoppleBock

61 Olsen Jon M 37 Y 176 158.53 158.53

2 Arbona Serge M 47 Y 170 5 153.13 153.43

70 Moran Sabrina F 25 Y 164 3 147.72 147.90

1 Gardner Constance F 48 Y 158 142.32 142.32

35 Fejes Joe M 46 Y 157 11 141.42 142.08

79 Bon Suzanna F 47 Y 148 11 133.31 133.97

Cannot afford to drink beer - Straight and narrow to have a chance.

"Blah, blah, blah..."

Kalsarikännit

Straight and narrow to have a chance.

Good point.  I will just have to live with two Wisconsin trail runs and no DB.

Maybe post-FANS when we celebrate your big miles.