Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 719 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Water Crossings? 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

Water Crossings? 

None.

MTA:  There are a bunch of road crossings.  They are unable to stop traffic for the race, so please be careful.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

None.

MTA:  There are a bunch of road crossings.  They are unable to stop traffic for the race, so please be careful.

Camp grounds full attack dogs, dirty shoeless kids (and parents ), and thieves ?

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Imminent Catastrophe

OK so, I won't need a change of socks but will need pepper spray. Got it. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

Camp grounds full attack dogs, dirty shoeless kids (and parents ), and thieves ?

Ha!  Wrong state.  Don't worry, Perfesser.  As opposed to the race that Hoosier is talking about, this race doesn't have white trash.  It is much worse.  Packers fans.  Don't bring up football during the post-race festivities.  Trust me.

xor

We hear it from the people of the town they call us...

Great horny toads.  A Cher reference.  That's weird even by my standards.

Good point.  I will just have to live with two Wisconsin trail runs and no DB.

Maybe post-FANS when we celebrate your big miles.

Geeze.  I go to Flying Monkey, DB is a no show. I go to Ice Age, DB is a no show.  I see how you are. Joking

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Ha!  Wrong state.  Don't worry, Perfesser.  As opposed to the race that Hoosier is talking about, this race doesn't have white trash.  It is much worse.  Packers fans.  Don't bring up football during the post-race festivities.  Trust me.

I hear you can appease them with cheese curds.  When they start to get angry, throw a cheese curd or two their way and they'll forget for a while.  Wink

DoppleBock

Looks to be mid-50s at start cloudy and low 60s at finish.  If it stays dry between now and then the trail should be in pretty good shape.  This could turn out to be a speedy race track!

Everyone run smart - Run hard and enjoy yourselves.

Please post Saturday what the results are ~ all the RA results and top 3 men and women.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Yup a big dumb jerk

Geeze.  I go to Flying Monkey, DB is a no show. I go to Ice Age, DB is a no show.  I see how you are. Joking

But to be fair - I never planned on doing Ice Age ... and Work stole Monkey Away from me.  But it does not change the facts.

DoppleBock

http://karlmeltzer.com/

Apparently I was correct to pick against him - But I wish he had shown up and took @ 7th place.

Kalsarikännit

Rod Bien backed out too.  He "couldn't get fired up".  

Apparently none of the the really good ultrarunners can get fired up for Ice Age.  That CR is going to last forever.

xor

Rod Bien backed out too.  He "couldn't get fired up".  

Apparently none of the the really good ultrarunners can get fired up for Ice Age.  That CR is going to last forever.

Mr Bien kicked my ass by almost 3 hours at a 33 miler (Capitol Peak) two weekends ago.  He seemed pretty damn fired up that day.

Kalsarikännit

Mr Bien kicked my ass by almost 3 hours at a 33 miler (Capitol Peak) two weekends ago.  He seemed pretty damn fired up that day.

Well that was on the la-tee-dah West Coast.  That's different.  We just have that pancake flat ground and a bunch of chubby shufflers, you see.  The pig farmin' and corn growin' takes up most of our time.

xor

Now I want pancakes.