Ultra Runners

Ice Age 50M (Read 719 times)

DoppleBock

With bacon and pork sausage links 

Now I want pancakes.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I finally looked at the aid stations. Looks like this can be done with just carrying a handheld. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)
      DoppleBock

The 1st time I ran it - I ran with 1 - 20 ounce handheld and was just fine.  Temps are reasonable ~ Aide stations are plentiful. 

I finally looked at the aid stations. Looks like this can be done with just carrying a handheld. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

DoppleBock

Final Ice Age 50M predictions

#1)  It will be a reasonable running day (Weather and trail conditions)

#2)  It will be a great beer and BBQ day

#3)  Zach Bitter will beat Olsen for the win ~ but miss the course record - but under 6:05

#4)  Nypaver and Perry will race each other hard all day - winning time will be 7:10-7:15.

WG will have a great race and decide running is fun again - Followed by beer and goofiness

xor

Wait.

WG does not currently believe running is fun?

Say it ain't so, Girl. Say it ain't so.

Kalsarikännit

WG is not racing Ice Age. She is merely jogging some trails in her attempt to get back in shape. She will be back racing on Sept 1st. Also, WG is greatly looking forward to beer and goofiness. (Before and after the race.) WG would also like to point out that typing in the third person can be fun.

Wait.

WG does not currently believe running is fun?

Say it ain't so, Girl. Say it ain't so.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Also, WG is greatly looking forward to beer and goofiness. 

So the beer mile is still in the cards.  Not quite an ultra though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Final Ice Age 50M predictions

#1)  It will be a reasonable running day (Weather and trail conditions)

#2)  It will be a great beer and BBQ day

#3)  Zach Bitter will beat Olsen for the win ~ but miss the course record - but under 6:05

#4)  Nypaver and Perry will race each other hard all day - winning time will be 7:10-7:15.

WG will have a great race and decide running is fun again - Followed by beer and goofiness

I know Meltzer is hoping to qualify for WS100.  But this is not, in my mind, remotely possible given the track race it will be.  Am I missing something like an overall points qualifier or something for the series?

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)
                  Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hope y'all have a great time. (And you can take that however you like.)

Will be toasting your accomplishments from afar with some fine Michigan craft beers. Big grin

Liz

pace sera, sera

DoppleBock

And the fact he popsted on his blog he dropped out of the race. 

I know Meltzer is hoping to qualify for WS100.  But this is not, in my mind, remotely possible given the track race it will be.  Am I missing something like an overall points qualifier or something for the series?

Kalsarikännit

I am at the packet pick up/dinner. First Fruitarian sighting. He is NOT eating lasagna. He is also not drinking an oatmeal stout like I am. Too bad for him.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

mmm ... oatmeal stout ...

I, myself, just finished a Baltic porter and a Belgian dubbel.

All in the name of you brave souls at Ice Age, of course.

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

Good luck, ladies and gentlemen.

jjameson

Updates anyone?

Updates anyone?

Did a quick twitter search and not much found except Zach Bitter was out front and possibly won in 6:03.  #IceAge50  #IA50