Ultra Runners

Pittsfield, VT Races - Snowshoe Marathon, June 50 Miler, November 200/100 Miler (Read 185 times)

Young Gun

Hey Everyone, If you know me from the ultr-list, coolrunning or runners world... you've all ready seen this and I welcome you to move along without reading. If you haven't... then to the new folks I have some pretty cool races t tell you about! 1.) Pittsfield Snowshoe Marathon, Half Marathon and 6 Mile Fun Run 2.) Pittsfield Peaks Ultra-Challenge 3.) The New England 200 Mile and 100 Mile "Fun Run" 1.) Pittsfield Snowshoe March 8, 2008 Pittsfield, VT Marathon, Half Marathon and 6 Mile (Possible 100K Option in 2009) Snowshoe Marathon (6,000 feet of elevation change), Half Marathon, and 6 miler. Nine hour time limit. 6.55 mile loops. Trail (un-groomed) and snowmobile trails. Course will be marked with ribbons and signs. Marathon - 4 loops. Half Marathon - 2 loops. Entry Fee: $60 by Feb. 1, $75 thereafter. All entrants will receive a fleece pullover and a post race meal and presentation. Prize Money: $1,200 in prize money for the marathon only. The awards money will be distributed evenly for the top 3 men and top 3 women. Awards: Unique Finishers award for everyone and a special award for top 3 male and top 3 female in the marathon and half marathon. www.peak.com 2.) Pittsfield Peaks Ultra Challenge 55 Mile Ultra-Marathon June 14, 2008 14,000'+ Elevation Gain Toughest 50 Miler in the East! 24 Hour Time Limit Race course will be on country roads, logging roads, NFS roads, snowmobile trails, and rugged single track trails. Solo - $75 before 3/1. $100 after. Relay - $150 before 3/1. $200 after. High School Students - $10 Prize: $2,000 for the top male and the top female in the solo division race only. $200 will be stashed en route to the top of each peak. Keep your eyes open. Awards: Unique finishers awards. Awards presentation will be Sunday morning after breakfast (approximately 9 a.m.) www.peak.com 3.) The New England Ultras 200 Mile Endurance Run and 100 Mile "Fun Run" November 6-9, 2008 Pittsfield, VT www.Newenglandultras.com

www.HumanPotentialRunning.com