Ultra Runners

Stamina and Muscle Relaxers? (Read 830 times)

Anyone have a stint of a couple weeks off running, then get back to running and find the stamina is GONE and doesn't seem to be coming back? My husband says it's probably due to being on Flexeril (I only take one each night but I did start weaning myself off them as of Monday and hope to be completely off of them by this weekend)  

I've never felt this terrible during running ever. RUNNING IS STUUUUUUUUUUUPID!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran a marathon once on muscle relaxers and it was one on the most miserable things I ever endured. It was AWFUL. After 8 miles I was toast. Ugh. Bad memory. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I ran a marathon once on muscle relaxers and it was one on the most miserable things I ever endured. It was AWFUL. After 8 miles I was toast. Ugh. Bad memory. 

I am MOST DEFINITELY going to stop taking the Flexeril ASAP. I think the spasm's are under control and between home care and PT I should be fine. Thanks for posting your experience Russ! These runs have been absolutely miserable.

See you next weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Imminent Catastrophe

Which event are you doing? Hope to say "hi"!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Which event are you doing? Hope to say "hi"!

50 miler if I'm lucky lol. I'll be "camping" out the night before