Ultra Runners

ATY (Read 190 times)

bhearn

I'm just doing this to satisfy my curiosity of how this should be done. Sleep/no sleep, pacing, eating more real food vs 80 gus, etc.

I ate 60 gus in my last 100. It got old around 50-60 miles. I can't imagine keeping that going for 48 hours.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Yeah, the 48. Perfesser is starting today. His name is Russ, if you are tracking.

I've been tracking all night!  So fun!  Jon Olsen is doing the 48. He ran 100 in 14 hours, then did 9 more and must be taking a long break or dropped. I would have loved to see him put up a huge number.

I'm just doing this to satisfy my curiosity of how this should be done. Sleep/no sleep, pacing, eating more real food vs 80 gus, etc.

What is WG first name? I am tracking Fred III --- Jameelah -- Vikena. The ladies are local.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Perfesser has the most mileage of the day 2 starters!

Also, Olsen has really gained some miles overnight.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fred is a fun guy to talk with. I spent a mile or two chatting with him at NC 24. Perfesser is racking up the miles pretty fast. WG, you start this morning, right?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

What is WG first name? I am tracking Fred III --- Jameelah -- Vikena. The ladies are local.

WG - Jennifer.

Yes, I ran with Jameelah for a while in Oklahoma.  Seeing lots of people from 24 The Hard Way.

steph  

TripleBock

Jen - I wish we were watching that game together ... 3 times on 4th down in one drive ... go Packers!

Also - Go WG!

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

I am not seeing anything under the results tracking, only for runners going for records

bhearn

It's there, but flaky. I am seeing it working well at the moment.

Go WG!
                    TripleBock

I am assuming it is a work issue - Either not an up to date viewer or blocked.  If people would post how Jen is doing once in awhile I would appreciate it.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am assuming it is a work issue - Either not an up to date viewer or blocked.  If people would post how Jen is doing once in awhile I would appreciate it.

5.25 miles in 51:33 so far.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.25 miles in 51:33 so far.

That's 9:49 pace. How long is she capable of keeping up a pace like that?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TripleBock

12-14 hours, but I am sure she is running hour #1 and then will start a run / walk strategy, so I would expect her to be closer to 10-10:15 pace before too long.

That's 9:49 pace. How long is she capable of keeping up a pace like that?

Uh oh... now what?

9:45 a.m. PST (10:45 a.m. Arizona)... not sure where other folks are

51 21F Jennifer Aradi 38 10.5 miles 16.9 km 1:44:20 1335 Dec 30

Earlier it was really flaky for me too but it seems to have stabilized for me now.