Ultra Runners

2012 Western States 100 (Read 537 times)

xor

I am a clicker!

Lynn's 100 mile Bighorn report.

Lynn's 50 mile Bighorn report.

Of course, there are all kinds of other cool reports out there.  Take a look.

I just did that because I want everyone to love me.

Imminent Catastrophe

It wasn't "all the attention" though.  It was one person's undivided attention.  You roll in and you have someone on your side.  

Again, not WS but the same aid station folks, they aren't just filling your bottles. This (Sierra Nevada Endurance Run) was pretty hot, and when runners arrived at the aid stations there was always someone coming up to us, looking us in the eye and asking how we're doing, we were being assessed by people who knew how to look for runners who were struggling in the heat. These people are "pros". 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

The WSER Facebook page is asking people what their favorite aid station was. Nikki Kimball (5th woman) wins with this:

Near side Rucky Chucky wins it for me this year. This unfortunate medical volunteer stood next to me with his dinner while volunteers asked what I wanted, at which point I pointed at the medic's double hamburger and said, "that." Poor guy let me wolf down his dinner and repay him by promptly running away....