Ultra Runners

LT100 2010 (Read 693 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Anyone else running?  It will be my first 100 miler  - excited and nervous.  Can't wait!

Thought maybe a discussion or support thread may come in handy over the next 6 months.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

It's in my calendar but I'm on the fence, as the Grand Mesa 100 is also very tempting, and far simpler logistically -- my mom lives in Ridgway, and her partner still has a place in Grand Junction.  The possibility for me to run sub-25 might be the deciding factor.

Good Luck! 

Imminent Catastrophe

Noob question--Leadville Trail?

At least you live at high elevation, that should help!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Carl A

Six months is a good amount of time to channel your excitement and nervous energy into increasing your chances of a strong finish.

Good luck and Godspeed!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Noob question--Leadville Trail?

At least you live at high elevation, that should help!

Based on the OPs site in their signature, I would say, yes, LT is Leadville Trail. I don't think I have heard it called LT.

Imminent Catastrophe

Based on the OPs site in their signature, I would say, yes, LT is Leadville Trail. I don't think I have heard it called LT.

BTW Hoosier, there is a NYC Marathon Group too.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Good luck!!  There's an LT100 Yahoo! Group too (email list).  Pretty quiet right now, but things pick up on it in the spring/summer:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/LT100Run/

I should have mentioned, copious race reports etc. exist online regarding the Leadville 100 trail run but this is probably the best collection as far as finishing in 25 or 30 hours:

Dana Roueche's Leadville strategy

All 100 milers are different, but Leadville holds the dubious distinction of generating the largest number (200+) of DNFs every year.

Dana's guide is great.  I followed it very closely when I ran Leadville.

Leadville was also my first 100 miler.  My race report is here, if anyone's interested (or bored):

http://www.chrisgerber.com/outdoors/trip-reports/lt100-20080816.cgi

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Another One will be attempting it again this year.  He is currently 1-2.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anyone else running?  It will be my first 100 miler  - excited and nervous.  Can't wait!

BTW, do you have any other ultras under your belt?  Jumping from a marathon to LT100 is, er, a big jump.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

BTW, do you have any other ultras under your belt?  Jumping from a marathon to LT100 is, er, a big jump.

I am doing a couple of 50s beforehand.  I tend to do things like this as a means to push myself.  The coach I am using has won the race so hoping to gain some value from that as well.

• Black Canyon 100k
                          • RRR
                          • Zane Grey 100k
                          • High Lonesome 100
                          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                          • The Bear 100
                          • Javelina Jundred (?)
                          HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Dana's guide is great.  I followed it very closely when I ran Leadville.

Leadville was also my first 100 miler.  My race report is here, if anyone's interested (or bored):

http://www.chrisgerber.com/outdoors/trip-reports/lt100-20080816.cgi

Thanks - good read and congrats.

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The coach I am using has won the race so hoping to gain some value from that as well.

Won LT100?  Who is it?

The King of Beasts

Another One will be attempting it again this year. 

true

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”