Ultra Runners

Northcoast 24 - Spring Edition May 5th 2012 (Read 290 times)

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=15247

Im in. The only bummer is it is the same weekend as Flying Pig. I have no more details than is up here..Not sure if this will serve as the 2012 National Championship.

OK This will be the US 24 Hour National Championship.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Nice.  I am interested.  Probably wait to see how lotteries shake out.

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

Disappointing.  I understand why they are doing this, but seeing as I am still in Nepal, and haven't run in Buddha-knows-how-long, I can't see myself being in shape for this.  On the bright side, I have always wanted to go back to the Badgerland F/X 24 hr.  It has been a schedule conflict with Northcoast, so now maybe I can do it again.

DB...Badgerland.  Just saying.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Dang!

I'm already in for Flying Pig and a big RA LLR meetup. (Not that I have any aspirations in the Championship anyway. Roll eyes )

But, looks like I might rather head for Wisconsin in September... Wink

Liz

pace sera, sera

OK, Im definitely in. Went into the last one untrained, and set a baseline. Now that I know what to expect, I really want to see what I can do.

Assuming weather isnt any more of a factor than it was in September - All else being equal, I would expect a better performance. I learned what makes sense for me as far as taking breaks and nutrition.

I learned I could put myself through as much pain as anyone. Combining that with some real training, I dont think 100 miles is out of reach.

Hopefully some of y'all will join me. It really added to last year's experience meeting a few of you.

cpev

>>>>>> David

I may do this one. Since I was there for a couple years for school, it would be a lot easier for me to scramble together a crew in Cleveland than in New Jersey (NC vs. 3 Days). And find a place to crash. It does seem like the timing of this could take away from the fields at 3 Days and FANS though, which is unfortunate.

I signed up. Working up a training plan. Basically, I just need to find the free time to get my runs in and log some substantial miles every week. I will be more cautious in ramping up than I was last year--f'd up my back at the beginning of February.