Ultra Runners

Keys100/50 (Read 198 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody done this one?  Thoughts?  I may be in FL that weekend.

Imminent Catastrophe

One guy has

or part of it, anyway

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

No current thoughts, though I *do* know that they don't have much in the way of aid.

But.

One of my better friends will be doing it.  And she is trying to get me to come pace her for the last part (last 50?  eeek) as preparation for badwater.  Edited to add: SHE is preparing for badwater if she gets in, not me. No effin way.

(please don't explain to me the diff between humidity at keys vs badwater. Not my logic.)

Maniac Claude Hicks has done it.  You might send him some mail and ask.  I did. And now can't find his answers... though it did include the bit about not-much-aid.

Imminent Catastrophe

And once you get to Key West you can go to the Flying Monkey Bar.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I may be in FL that weekend.

me too, but not that far south.

I just met the RD for the Keys100/50 2 weeks ago.  Seemed like a nice enough guy.

The website mentions improvements in the frequency of the aid stations so maybe they listened to some of the feedback.

There will be no hills.

The King of Beasts

Anybody done this one?  Thoughts?  I may be in FL that weekend.

one of the guys that did the Fleet Feet speed sessions last spring has done it. I think he also runs with the East Nasties. at some point I will remember his name.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”