Ultra Runners

WESTERN STATES (Read 100 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Next Western States update: I am in for 2014!!!

I bought 10 raffle tickets, and got lucky.

Congratulations, Bob!

steph  

bhearn

Ready to go, with my runner Terry Sentinella.

At the pre-race briefing. Predicted temps at various points, throughout the day:

Devil's Thumb: 94

Michigan Bluff: 95

Green Gate: 102

Finish: (11am Sun): 96

5-10 degrees warmer in the canyons.

wow.  Remind me again why everyone wants to run this race?

Congrats!

Imminent Catastrophe

If I remember correctly you got in your first attempt in the lottery, now this! I want some of your luck!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Queen of 3rd Place

WOOT!

Ex runner

bhearn

Tim Olsen through Michigan Bluff about 6 minutes off his record pace from last year. Insane. Hal Koerner about 8-9 minutes behind. Currently 99 degrees here.

And Pam Smith is leading the women! Go Pam!!! Her husband just told me what she said at the last aid station: "everyone else is treating this like it's a pussy parade". 

Queen of 3rd Place

Those photos coming through of Tim...he looks hot!! But still smiling!

Ex runner

bhearn

I've been trying to post pics -- I have Tim, Hal Koerner, Mike Morton in Michigan Bluff -- but cell service is bad here and my battery's about dead.

Kalsarikännit

Tim Olsen through Michigan Bluff about 6 minutes off his record pace from last year. Insane. Hal Koerner about 8-9 minutes behind. Currently 99 degrees here.

And Pam Smith is leading the women! Go Pam!!! Her husband just told me what she said at the last aid station: "everyone else is treating this like it's a pussy parade". 

OMG. I love it. I got to meet Pam at Desert Solstice and we have emailed. She is just awesome. So humble, and so encouraging, and obviously so funny. This quote makes me happy. I am also thrilled to see Meghan Arbogast in the mix. She is just plain fantastic.

I would like to see Nick Clark take this thing. Always the bridesmaid...

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Queen of 3rd Place

Definitely looking like it's Pam's day.

Meanwhile, the top 5 men reported to be within 5 min of each other!!

mts: nevermind, getting conflicting reports on the men's race...

Ex runner

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Any one with this quote has my vote.

Am also pulling for Mike Morton, seems like a nice guy and...Go Army!

steph  

Queen of 3rd Place

Ex runner

Luv it!

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                              bhearn

OMG. I love it. I got to meet Pam at Desert Solstice and we have emailed. She is just awesome. So humble, and so encouraging, and obviously so funny. This quote makes me happy. I am also thrilled to see Meghan Arbogast in the mix. She is just plain fantastic.

Absolutely. I've run with her at a few races; she is awesome. Really happy to see her in #1; I don't think anyone would have guessed that. And of course, Meghan is incredible. Looked to me like she was reeling in #2 and #3 coming through Michigan Bluff.

Here's Pam coming in:

And if I heard right, I think they just announced that Tim Olsen just dropped at M80. :-(